Texas Fishing Forum

Best spincast reel.

Posted By: lcbl75771

Best spincast reel. - 05/25/21 06:18 PM

I am looking for suggestions on what is a good, not the cheapest spincast reel and a good rod to pair it with. My wife wants to go fishing every now and then and she is not interested in learning how to throw my baitcasters. Just an all around rod and reel.
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Best spincast reel. - 05/25/21 06:44 PM

I have had pretty good luck with the Daiwa goldcast and silver cast reels for the daughter..
Posted By: BASSCATONE

Re: Best spincast reel. - 05/25/21 08:25 PM

I would spend as much as you can on each item. Cheap spinning reels have cheap drags...I would buy a Shimano or a Diawa. The Lews rods that are green are pretty good for $99.

Re: Best spincast reel. - 05/25/21 08:50 PM

I've seen good reviews on the Pflueger President spincast reels. Anyone used one of these?
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Best spincast reel. - 05/25/21 09:05 PM

I tried one. It looked good but it kept getting the line wrapped up under the spool cap. Not sure why. I took it back and got her the Daiwa. Could have just been a fluke.

Re: Best spincast reel. - 05/26/21 01:41 PM

Thanks

Re: Best spincast reel. - 05/26/21 01:54 PM

Thanks
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/03/21 08:42 PM

Zebco bullet. Cast braid great. My daughter has one and a friends wife. Friends wife caught a 11-4 LMB. Has the power to handle big fish
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/03/21 09:46 PM

There are a lot of good ones out there. I have a Daiwa Revros in the 2500 and 3000 that I love and they are pretty cheap. Good looking too.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/04/21 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by lcbl75771
I've seen good reviews on the Pflueger President spincast reels. Anyone used one of these?

Good reels, I have several with no issues for years

Originally Posted by 4Weight
There are a lot of good ones out there. I have a Daiwa Revros in the 2500 and 3000 that I love and they are pretty cheap. Good looking too.

good reels as well, and have a couple on my poles I use all the time
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/06/21 08:02 PM

spincast, just go with the proven zebco 33 and a 6' or 6.5' glass rod, wally world or academy should have some decent combos.

spinning, pflueger president is what I have also, 3 of them a and would buy another if needed.

get her using the spincast well and she will probably want to try the baitcasters eventually.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/06/21 10:12 PM

Penn Spinfisher hands down.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/07/21 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by BrandoA
Zebco bullet. Cast braid great. My daughter has one and a friends wife. Friends wife caught a 11-4 LMB. Has the power to handle big fish

I bought my wife one and it is a pretty nice reel!

I have used Zebco 33's for decades and the Bullet takes it to a whole 'nother level! cheers
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/07/21 03:44 PM

I like the Shimano Spirex on a carrot stick gold
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/07/21 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by BASSCATONE
I would spend as much as you can on each item. Cheap spinning reels have cheap drags...I would buy a Shimano or a Diawa. The Lews rods that are green are pretty good for $99.

My favorite is Shimano but it is an ultralight. I have a Daiwa, also ultralight, that has worked flawlessly for 45 years. At one time I had a bigger Daiwa was that also good but I gave it to my brother.
Posted By: bucsfan69

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/08/21 03:22 PM

For inexpensive but still great I’d recommend shimano Sedona..as far as rod, I prefer Falcons
Posted By: FishAdmirer

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/16/21 03:22 AM

I’ve had good luck with two Daiwa Revros spinning reels so far. They seem well made and smooth. The Revros reels are widely available and the price is very reasonable.

Many like the Daiwa Fuego as well.
Posted By: K3913

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/16/21 03:36 AM

Zebco bullet is a very well-made reel. I have a couple and have landed a 8 lb LMB and an 8 lb and 10 lb hybrid with one this year with no problems. They are very solid and can cast a mile. Academy usually has them for $99.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/18/21 02:30 PM

Zebco Z02 we own 8 of them and they are the best spincast reel I have ever owned. 3 years of heavy fishing, thousands of fish caught and not a single problem. We mainly fish for crappie with them [Linked Image]
But they are tuff enough for bass too
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: trapperben

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/22/21 12:00 AM

Pretty good reference coming from you guys. I have been considering getting a couple spin cast reels to use if I ever put my float tube in the water. Their simple operation is appealing. I think they will cast lighter jigs better also. Do you have your Z02s set up with different weight line?

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/22/21 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by trapperben
Pretty good reference coming from you guys. I have been considering getting a couple spin cast reels to use if I ever put my float tube in the water. Their simple operation is appealing. I think they will cast lighter jigs better also. Do you have your Z02s set up with different weight line?

Yes we have 1 reel each spooled with 4lb line for casting 1/80th thru 1/32oz jigs and the other 6 reels are spooled with 8lb line for 1/16oz and larger jigs thumb
Posted By: trapperben

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/22/21 09:14 PM

Thank you sir
Posted By: Bible

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/25/21 11:25 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Daiwa Aird X Laguna 6 ft 6 in M Spinning Combo , my new combo and have been very pleased with it.

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/28/21 03:44 PM

^^^^^That is not a spincast reel bang
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Best spincast reel. - 06/28/21 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bible
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Daiwa Aird X Laguna 6 ft 6 in M Spinning Combo , my new combo and have been very pleased with it.

Got 2 of those 6.6 Aird X paired with the Revros. Killer combo for the $$
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum