Texas Fishing Forum

Rod Tip Ring insert Replacement

Posted By: Top Waters

Rod Tip Ring insert Replacement - 04/10/21 02:27 PM

Hey guys....no rod builder here but I have a Shimano Crucial that I have had for close to 10 years and I absolutely love it for working weightless soft plastics. It is very sensitive and has good feel. Last time out I heard the noise...you know.....the one where there was a little clanging at the top between the tip and the second guide. The ring insert came out of the frame and was suspended on the line. I hate to throw it out and wondered if this ring could be replaced? Or if replacing the tip was the best option? Thanks for your advice.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Rod Tip Ring insert Replacement - 04/10/21 10:01 PM

Tips are sold in 5 to a package at the box stores,...usually 5 different sizes, and with the heat glue.
Ive replaces several on some bass and crappie rods. If I can do it anyone can, instructions on the bag, I think.
Posted By: Top Waters

Re: Rod Tip Ring insert Replacement - 04/11/21 05:20 AM

Thanks Jim. I have tried them before but they didn't seem to have the same feel or look of the factory. I was hoping there was something out there a little more refined than the kit that could get this great rod back in the boat.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Rod Tip Ring insert Replacement - 04/11/21 06:30 PM

You might try Barlows in Richardson. They should be able to fix you up.
Posted By: MinMirny

Re: Rod Tip Ring insert Replacement - 04/13/21 10:50 AM

I would try to glue it back in with epoxy. Not complicated at all. I've done it twice. Both times worked just fine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum