Texas Fishing Forum

New 2021 St. Croix Triumph rods

Posted By: shimanodude

New 2021 St. Croix Triumph rods - 09/23/20 12:09 PM

Has anyone purchased or used one of the brand new 2021 model St. Croix Triumph series rods? I cannot find any reviews or forum threads anywhere yet talking about them.

I saw some the other day, and they look a lot different than the outgoing model. The blank is now a glossy blue color, as opposed to the matte black finish on the outgoing model, the logo has been revised, the reel seat is now made my SeaGuide instead of Fuji, the guides are SeaGuide as well.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: New 2021 St. Croix Triumph rods - 09/24/20 12:41 AM

Is it a Mexican made rod?
Posted By: Jaustin

Re: New 2021 St. Croix Triumph rods - 09/24/20 01:19 PM

I bought three of the 4 piece triumph travel rods. Two of them are the 6 1/2 foot light and one medium heavy. I’ve only had them a couple of months but I really like them. Locally my wife and I have caught a lot of pan fish and bass up to a couple of pounds. We took the medium heavy to Alaska and caught a ton of salmon, rockfish, and even a 4 foot shark. We travel a lot and the 4 piece rods fit in a carry on. I’m hoping these rods are as tough and last as long as the 4 piece ugly sticks we’ve carried for years.
Posted By: shimanodude

Re: New 2021 St. Croix Triumph rods - 10/02/20 08:17 PM

Yes, all the Triumph, Mojo, Panfish, Trout series, and Bass X models are made in Mexico
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum