Texas Fishing Forum

Daiwa Tatula SV TWS vs Shimano Curado 200k?

Posted By: SeanHays1389

Daiwa Tatula SV TWS vs Shimano Curado 200k? - 06/24/20 07:10 PM

I am in the market for a new reel and rod, and have heard and read great things about both the Daiwa Tatula SV TWS and the Shimano Curado 200k, but need some outside opinions to make a decision. I was wondering if anyone has tried both reels and which reel is a better overall reel for a workhorse reel.

Second part of this question is which gear ratio works best for overall techniques? I like to throw a lot of different baits including top water, spinnerbaits, shallow crankbaits, jigs and soft plastic presentations, but can only buy one reel and rod combo at this time.

I also need a new rod to pair with the new reel. I am curious which rod would be a good overall rod to pair with the reels above to perform the multiple techniques I mentioned above.

Thank you to everyone for the advice and help, it's very appreciated.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Daiwa Tatula SV TWS vs Shimano Curado 200k? - 06/24/20 09:22 PM

I can’t compare them, but I have the Diawa. I can throw pretty much everything with it. Presently using 12# Trilene mono. Last trip I mostly threw soft plastics and had no problems, which would not have worked with my old Pfleuger.

I’ll be following this discussion for info for my next reel purchase.
Posted By: dan805

Re: Daiwa Tatula SV TWS vs Shimano Curado 200k? - 06/24/20 09:55 PM

I’m no authority, but I have them both and like both Since Jan. . I’m waiting for 1 year to decide on which one to add to the collection. When I purchase another. For flipping I use the diawa elite pitch n flip model and really like it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum