Texas Fishing Forum

Curado Bantam CU-200

Posted By: Waterdawg19

Curado Bantam CU-200 - 06/04/20 07:48 PM

I have 2 of the old greenies I bought 14 years ago used that have been great reels. I get them cleaned regularly. They typically cast great. On one of the reels, the spool is really rubbing/slowing when casting and it is really limiting casting distance. Is there something that can be changed out/replaced? I had it cleaned about 3/4 months ago.

Thanks
Posted By: The Tacklesmith

Re: Curado Bantam CU-200 - 06/07/20 02:44 AM

Check the pins the brake shoes go on. Make sure there not loose. Also look at brake drum for scarring.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Curado Bantam CU-200 - 06/08/20 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Shawn Smith
Check the pins the brake shoes go on. Make sure there not loose. Also look at brake drum for scarring.

If you do find one loose just pull it out and finding a replacement spool is impossible.
Posted By: shimanodude

Re: Curado Bantam CU-200 - 06/09/20 03:03 AM

Yep most likely the pins. Common issue on these. Pull the side plate off and look to see if the plastic where the pins are on the side of the spool is cracked and the pins are loose and moving. If it’s not too bad, you might be able to use super glue to position the pins back into place, but if it’s bad enough you will just need to remove the pins that are loose altogether and deal with it unless you luck out and find a spool for it.
Posted By: Waterdawg19

Re: Curado Bantam CU-200 - 06/09/20 03:25 PM

Thanks for the great info guys
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum