Texas Fishing Forum

Piscifun Line Spooler (6 Months Later)

Posted By: 1Cast 1Fish

Piscifun Line Spooler (6 Months Later) - 07/28/19 10:42 PM

I have had the Piscifun Line Spooler for about 6 months now, and have had the opportunity to test it on a wide variety of my reels and lines. Fluro, mono, braid, baitcasters, spinning, large, small, freshwater, and saltwater. I have let countless friends give it a try as well...now with over 50 reels spooled, I thought it would be a great time to give a 6 month update on how it has performed and some of the issues I have found over the course of the last 6 months. What's your opinion on the Piscifun Line Spooler? Have you ever used it? Any issues?

Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Piscifun Line Spooler (6 Months Later) - 07/29/19 03:53 PM

I keep eyeing these....sounds like I need to pick one up soon.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Piscifun Line Spooler (6 Months Later) - 07/30/19 01:08 AM

I bought one and have used it a few times.

It works well and I expect it to last a long time.

We were dog sitting my SIL's dog and he got ahold ot the handle and chewed it some so it has character now. cheers

Re: Piscifun Line Spooler (6 Months Later) - 07/30/19 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

We were dog sitting my SIL's dog and he got ahold ot the handle and chewed it some so it has character now. cheers

Roughed up for added grip....I like it thumb
Posted By: Texas Grown

Re: Piscifun Line Spooler (6 Months Later) - 08/09/19 05:02 PM

That handle looks like it could be extended for larger reels by slipping a piece of PVC tube over it, to hold against your leg or body.

How well do the work with other types of reels?

And thanks for doing this video! thumb
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Piscifun Line Spooler (6 Months Later) - 08/10/19 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by 1Cast 1Fish
Originally Posted by BigDozer66

Roughed up for added grip....I like it thumb

soldier
Posted By: JAlfred

Re: Piscifun Line Spooler (6 Months Later) - 08/10/19 01:58 PM

I'm happy to hear that it works for someone. I tried many times over a multi month period with very mixed results and lots of frustration. First, it's real pain to set it up with the wide variety of spool sizes and hole configurations used by the line manufacturers. Adapters are provided, but they are clumsy to use. Second, with careful adjustment of the line tension, I could sometimes get the new line holder to spin as shown in this video. Usually though--not. Third, even when I could get it to spin, the line on my reel was often twisted. The comment in this video about new line holder and reel spinning at the same rate doesn't make sense to me. As long as they are different diameters, they are always going to spin at different rates. Bottom line: I'm done with it. If you are in the Cedar Park area, I will be happy to give to you my Piscifun line spooler. It's not really much fun.

Re: Piscifun Line Spooler (6 Months Later) - 08/18/19 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Texas Grown
That handle looks like it could be extended for larger reels by slipping a piece of PVC tube over it, to hold against your leg or body.

How well do the work with other types of reels?

And thanks for doing this video! thumb

That's a pretty good idea with the PVC...will have to give it a try next time with a big reel. It has worked great for me with my reels baitcasting and spinning...I have used braid, fluro, and mono with no issues. Seems to be some mixed reviews here, but I personally have not had any issues with mine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum