Texas Fishing Forum

Shimano Curado DC

Posted By: daddyflea

Shimano Curado DC - 06/03/19 02:42 AM

I was unsure about this Reel but I ordered one last Thursday from American Legacy Fishing. I had a 3 day fishing and Camping trip planned. I have a bunch of Reels but found a good deal early in the year on a new Lews Reels and bought two. Hated the things, so I needed a good Baitcaster. Always liked the Curados but 250 was a lot of money and I did not think I could get from Indiana to Texas in time. Well the UPS truck showed up just after I got my RV hooked up to the Boat. Slapped on some string and off I went. I had two Backlashes all weekend. One when I turned it down lower than recommended and one fishing at night when I could not see the lure hit the water. Neither was serious. All the claims stating you can get 30% more distance with no Backlash are true. To say I am happy with this Reel is an understatement. Adjustment is radically different than other Baitcasters though. Be careful that you know how to do it. By the way I ordered a Left Hand. I am right handed but I never will understand why people throw Right Handed then switch hands and reel. Since I usually reel too fast I got the 6.2 and it was a good choice.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Shimano Curado DC - 06/03/19 10:12 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I had been looking at them for new reels and wondered about it. sounds good. THANKS for the update. Respectfully,

Thad Rains

Re: Shimano Curado DC - 06/04/19 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Thad Rains
Thanks for the feedback. I had been looking at them for new reels and wondered about it. sounds good. THANKS for the update. Respectfully,

Thad Rains

Can you imagine throwing a 1/2oz Diver then switching to a 1/4 oz Mepps and throwing into the wind without an adjustment. This Reel will do it without a Backlash and the claim that you can throw 30% farther than other Reels seems to be true as well. Dont know how they do it but it is true. Just make sure you understand the correct setup because it is totally different than other Baitcasters.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Shimano Curado DC - 06/10/19 01:55 AM

I bought one but ha en't been able to get to the lake and try it out! cry
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Shimano Curado DC - 06/23/19 01:52 PM

All of the Shimanos are quality reels.
Posted By: Nekro

Re: Shimano Curado DC - 07/01/19 11:10 PM

bought one and about 2 weeks later bought another DC. Switched over from less to Shimano, can't wait to get another one.
Posted By: JohnF67

Re: Shimano Curado DC - 07/02/19 04:30 PM

This might be a dumb question, but is it OK to submerge the DC? I fish from a kayak, it's not a matter of if it'll flip, it's a matter of when. I'd hate to toast the electronics in a $250 reel. I've been torn between a Curado DC and a Tatula SV.

Re: Shimano Curado DC - 07/02/19 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by JohnF67
This might be a dumb question, but is it OK to submerge the DC? I fish from a kayak, it's not a matter of if it'll flip, it's a matter of when. I'd hate to toast the electronics in a $250 reel. I've been torn between a Curado DC and a Tatula SV.

I have been told Water won't hurt it.
Posted By: JohnF67

Re: Shimano Curado DC - 07/02/19 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by daddyflea

I have been told Water won't hurt it.

Thanks....that makes the thought of spending $250 on a reel much less scary.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Shimano Curado DC - 07/02/19 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by daddyflea
Originally Posted by Thad Rains

Thad Rains

Can you imagine throwing a 1/2oz Diver then switching to a 1/4 oz Mepps and throwing into the wind without an adjustment. This Reel will do it without a Backlash and the claim that you can throw 30% farther than other Reels seems to be true as well. Dont know how they do it but it is true. Just make sure you understand the correct setup because it is totally different than other Baitcasters.

I have one and have adjusted the spool tension as instructed in manual. I've tried a variety of mono, floro , and 50 lb braid on it so far. I get an occasional backlash, some are big ones. I tend to over whip a bait and this accelerates the spool at start and sometimes the weight of the bait will pull most of it out. I disagree that into the wind is just as easy as with.

My favorite is an OKUMA Helios, it is as smooth and I get fewer backlash with it.
Posted By: Verkeith

Re: Shimano Curado DC - 07/03/19 12:08 AM

I love my Curado DC, it's almost my favorite, right behind my Daiwa Tatula SV TWS reels....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum