Texas Fishing Forum

RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM??

Posted By: RANGER SKI

RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM?? - 06/01/18 11:58 PM

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THESE REELS ARE WORTH NEW NEVER USED

Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM?? - 06/02/18 01:59 AM

Ebay has some sold listings for used reels in the $25-30 range. Doubt theyre rare collectibles.

Re: RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM?? - 06/03/18 12:15 PM

Tt

Re: RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM?? - 06/06/18 09:37 PM

tt
Posted By: sll

Re: RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM?? - 06/07/18 01:58 PM

Don't know the value of them, but that is the first time I have seen them cased as a set like that.....that is pretty cool. cheers

Re: RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM?? - 06/15/18 01:47 PM

tt
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM?? - 06/15/18 08:48 PM

No idea on value but I can tell you that MG in the center is a piece of junk! Owned two of them and both were notorious for the button flying off and landing in the lake when you would cast and then engage the reel. That was my first experience with Quantum. My second experience was with their rods and those weren't any better. Fired off a letter to Quantum (pre-email days) about my experience and although they were kind enough to respond with a letter of their own, it didn't resolve the problems I had. I was a teenager at the time and money didn't grow on trees. Havent owned a Quantum since.
Posted By: xanadu

Re: RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM?? - 06/16/18 01:52 PM

Best bet is to list them on ebay for $500. After 30 days, just relist them. When you get tired of them, take the best offer. I sound harsh, but if you list them as a 7 day auction, the right buyer won't get to see them and you won't get $100. You have to just leave it out there until you want to sell them.
Posted By: Trent Greer

Re: RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM?? - 06/18/18 04:51 PM

Sorry meant to send PM
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM?? - 06/19/18 06:47 PM

Zebco...not much.

Re: RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM?? - 06/29/18 02:17 PM

Tt
Posted By: texcajun

Re: RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM?? - 07/29/18 12:59 PM

Nice case bro. As for the reels, none of em are world beaters. Be happy if you get a hundred bucks for 'em, lucky if ya get $50.
Posted By: Mgfan58

Re: RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM?? - 08/05/18 04:37 AM

I’ve got the exact same set. My Dad has it, as well as one of each of the individual reels. I’ve tried the “Non cased set” reels and they aren’t very good. No idea on value.

Re: RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM?? - 08/22/18 03:41 AM

tt
Posted By: cadman

Re: RARE REELS??? COLLECTOR ITEM?? - 08/22/18 02:30 PM

My dad had the exact same set you've shown above, and he sold it on e-bay for $30. More of a conversation piece item versus collector's item.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum