Texas Fishing Forum

Probably ended up being an expensive day on the water.

Posted By: AKMike

Probably ended up being an expensive day on the water. - 04/25/18 09:18 PM

Went fishing with my buddy this morning and ruined a rod I'm pretty sure. We were cruising around the lake and I had a rod in a rod holder(center console) above us I forgot was up there and it hit a bridge...gah I'm stupid. Bad part is it's my go to rod. Bottom side of the blank has road rash and messed up two eyelets, how much do eyelets usually cost to get repaired? Favorite fishing said they could send me some.

Any idea if this looks like enough damage to ruin the blank? It's an IM 24 ton carbon blank if that makes a difference, and a few of the guide wraps are ground flat on the back. I also looked up when I heard the scrapping and saw the rod bent at pretty much 90degrees down above the reel seat. Reckon it's trashed? It doesn't look splintered or anything.

Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Re: Probably ended up being an expensive day on the water. - 04/26/18 11:32 AM

It’s probably ok...just put two new guides on it and see how she does
Posted By: MinMirny

Re: Probably ended up being an expensive day on the water. - 04/30/18 03:18 AM

Bend it harder, and listen: if something will creak, squeak, screech, shriek, crunch, groan, scrunch or gride -dump it.
If not - put back guides and go fishing )

Re: Probably ended up being an expensive day on the water. - 05/05/18 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By: MinMirny
Bend it harder, and listen: if something will creak, squeak, screech, shriek, crunch, groan, scrunch or gride -dump it.

Thanks

Re: Probably ended up being an expensive day on the water. - 05/05/18 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By: MinMirny

Thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum