Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for advice on electronics for my first boat

Posted By: CM0512

Looking for advice on electronics for my first boat - 10/25/17 03:39 PM

I recently purchased my first boat which is a 2000 Bass Cat Pantera 3 w/ a 200 Mercury Optimax and motorguide XI5 gps/sonor, and Im needing some help sorting out the electronics to add to it as it currently has both a Lowrance Hook 7 and a Garmin 73 SV on the console with nothing in the bow which makes no sense to me as to why there would be two different manufactures on it. The issue I am having and don't know if it even exists is finding a unit that will show where known submerged timber is on the navigation screen. I'm ok with replacing both displays if I have to but would like to relocate on if possible and sell the other if its a option.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Looking for advice on electronics for my first boat - 10/25/17 04:27 PM

don't know if it even exists is finding a unit that will show where known submerged timber is on the navigation screen.

Not yet, but someday, maybe.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Looking for advice on electronics for my first boat - 10/25/17 04:35 PM

I don't find the map cards to be very accurate on where they state vegetation or submerged timber is. Your better off using your electronics to find them yourself than any navigation screen. Are you suggesting that you would prefer to move one unit and sell the other to have on the bow only? I would just relocate one to the bow and keep one on the console. You want to have one to search with (console) and one to fish with (bow). You would just need to put a transducer on the trolling motor and leave one on the transom.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Looking for advice on electronics for my first boat - 10/25/17 06:22 PM

Navionics has timber areas highlighted for recent survey waters.

You need to verify with your sonar if the map is correct and where.

Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Looking for advice on electronics for my first boat - 10/25/17 06:39 PM

The only thing I can think remotely close of what you are asking would be COE brushpiles
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum