Texas Fishing Forum

Beautiful Hybrid arch on sonar today

Posted By: Capt Craig

Beautiful Hybrid arch on sonar today - 09/18/17 12:35 AM

Boated 11 keeper hybrids this morning on RC. Here is a perfect "textbook" hybrid/striper arch on the screen. Closely resembles the white bass in shape, except that the arch appears much longer.

Posted By: joho5

Re: Beautiful Hybrid arch on sonar today - 09/18/17 01:44 PM

is that structure on the bottom or fish?

Re: Beautiful Hybrid arch on sonar today - 09/18/17 05:58 PM

I interpret those as fish since they are not a consistent color throughout. Pressed down to the bottom, I suspect catfish, but without a more defined arch, I just acknowledge them as "fish".
Posted By: BassMarshall

Re: Beautiful Hybrid arch on sonar today - 09/19/17 01:38 PM

Very cool!
Posted By: Coachzee

Re: Beautiful Hybrid arch on sonar today - 09/21/17 07:26 PM

Are you in clear or max mode for that pic?

Re: Beautiful Hybrid arch on sonar today - 09/21/17 08:15 PM

That is clear mode. Max Mode on the Switchfire will always put a thick red band across the top of the screen.
Posted By: Coachzee

Re: Beautiful Hybrid arch on sonar today - 09/21/17 11:17 PM

Thanks Craig, been running my mega 9 in max mode, and just ignoring the top three feet of the water. Not much there anyways. May try running clear for the next couple of trips and see how I like it.

Re: Beautiful Hybrid arch on sonar today - 09/21/17 11:41 PM

Max mode constantly is hurting your fishing more than you know.

In max mode, your unit will not filter any echo returns. Because of that the screen is cluttered with color, arches are generic in size. The top of the screen has a heavy red colored bar that occludes the surface.

In clear mode, your sonar returns are filtered to remove junk and misc. echoes. The top of the screen is clear (if a thin line is there set surface clutter to 2 and that will remove the line.) Echo returns are filtered and a large arch represents a large fish, a small arch a small fish.

If your units is only showing fish while on Max, your settings need tuned.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum