Texas Fishing Forum

Gen 2 HDS

Posted By: Sandblaster

Gen 2 HDS - 09/16/17 12:22 AM

I have the Lowrance Gen2 HDS 8 on my front near trolling motor, I also have the Lowrance HDS 12 Gen3 at my console. I have structure scan on my console unit so the sonar hub is obviously hook up to it. My front unit doesn't have structure scan and it also doesn't have CHirp on it, I'm guessing then if I had the front unit hooked up to the sonar hub then I could get CHirp? Also can I have both units hooked up to the same sonar hub or do I have to have each unit hooked up to its own sonar hub?
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: Gen 2 HDS - 09/16/17 03:14 PM

I don't believe you will ever get CHIRP on the HDS-8 unit. That technology did not exist for that old of a model. Feel free to call me as I am not sure why you have the Sonic Hub.
Rob - 817-319-1194
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Gen 2 HDS - 09/16/17 04:52 PM

Your gen3 does not need the sonar hub for any reason! It will chirp and structure scan with the internal brains.

Your sonar hub is there for your bow graph, I asked on another forum and they said that it is chirp compatible. But even if the 8 will chirp with the hub, you will not get structure scan from it. You only get one or the other with a sonar hub
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum