Texas Fishing Forum

Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year

Posted By: CCTX

Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/06/17 01:43 AM

Berkley Fusion weedless wide gap
Low cost, sharp, versatile
Quickly became a favorite for wacky, neko, and drop shot
Almost always in the roof of the mouth

Posted By: forkduc

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/06/17 04:18 PM

My Ultrex
Posted By: Mo

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/06/17 05:03 PM

Xi5 networked with hds gen 3.

MO

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/06/17 08:12 PM

Those new trolling motors are incredible and look like endless fun

If I had a boat instead of a kayak; I'd spend hours/days/weeks mapping uncharted lakes with autochart live and/or genesis
Then link one of those new trolling motors to the freshly scanned countours or program an itrack and set on autopilot
Posted By: Dayne

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/07/17 12:22 AM

First 4 stroke engine Verado Pro 250.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/07/17 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx
Berkley Fusion weedless wide gap
Low cost, sharp, versatile
Quickly became a favorite for wacky, neko, and drop shot
Almost always in the roof of the mouth

At $8 plus per hook?

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/07/17 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: V-Bottom

At $8 plus per hook?

$4.29 to $5.99 for a five pack depending on store.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/07/17 02:24 AM

A "cheap" replacement for a broken Megabass rod. I went and bought a $69 Academy Ethos rod in a pinch. Over the following week, I had bought 5 more !

Incredible rod for the money.

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/07/17 12:57 PM

Steez, is that the Ethos HD or the nano or micro that you like?

I've been looking for an XHeavy rod for really thick vegetation. Online, only the nano is available in XH.

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/07/17 06:37 PM

The Ethos HD. It has Fuji seat and Fuji micro guides. The all blue ones.

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/07/17 06:41 PM

Oh....and they are not XH. Just 7'3" H. But, they have a lot more back bone that most of my other H rods. They fish like an XH. I tried the Nano XH and broke the tip off. I have yet to have an issue with the 73H HD's. The guides are more durable than the cheaper guides on the Nanos. ....at least in my experiences so far.

Again....great rod with an unbelievable warranty for less than $70!

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/07/17 08:05 PM

Thank you
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/08/17 04:55 PM

1) Team Catfish Double Action Circle Hooks- 8/0. Caught multiple blues over 50lbs on these hooks this year and they performed flawlessly.

2) Okuma Avenger Baitfeeder reels, ABF 55 Series. Used these reels (4 of them) this year on my catfish rigs and love them for their performance and price point.

3) My home built catfish rods. Built a set of 4 using CRB E-glass blanks in both medium and heavy action. The are tough and each one handled fish over 50lbs with no problems. Building 4 more very soon.

4) Hydrodynamics Rapid-Jack 6" setback jackplate. Installed one on my Xpress XP18cc and absolutely love it. Performance gains all around, and raised my motor almost 6" from the factory rigging.

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/08/17 05:09 PM

Cool!

Sounds like you've had a great fishing year.
Posted By: AKMike

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/09/17 12:07 AM

Daiwa Tatula CT/CT-R

Favorite USA Defender 7'6'' MH I love this rod.

Z-Man Chatter Baits

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/09/17 08:41 PM

Inexpensive, versatile battery charger/discharger
Takes some practice to familiarize with all the adjustable settings; but this charger can charge/discharge just about any kind of battery

Lead, Nickel, LiPO4, LiFe, Lithium Ion

Stronger, sharper, slightly bigger, and lower cost than triple grips

Re: Lure/tackle/equipment that exceeded your expectations this year - 09/09/17 10:23 PM

Might not catch big bass as consistently as a traditional hollow body frog with the skirted legs; but, this lure is extremely fun to fish. I like the Ribbit, rage and horny toads just fine, but the top Toad is more versatile because it floats

They don't last long and aren't the best in thick lilly pads, but are a blast fishing over grass

I haven't tried the Zoom version yet
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum