Texas Fishing Forum

GANDER MOUNTAIN ALMOST GONE AND SO LONG TO THE SKINNY LITTLE GUY WORKING THERE

Posted By: TWINCITY

GANDER MOUNTAIN ALMOST GONE AND SO LONG TO THE SKINNY LITTLE GUY WORKING THERE - 08/24/17 06:56 PM

I just went over to check out the last 4 days of Gander Mountain closing. All they had left is some clothing.
They had tons of rods and reels left in the store but they were roped off.
I asked the little skinny guy working there, "Are those rod and reels for sale?"
He said, "They are unavailable."
So I started walking back up to the front and I asked the lady behind the counter, " So what is the deal with all the rods and reels you still have in the store?"
Then the little skinny dude walked up and said, " I told you they were sold!"
I then said, "No you said, "They were unavailable."
He then turned into a real BUTT HEAD so then I told him, "No wonder your store is closing."
Farewell GANDER MOUNTAIN! Your prices were too high anyway.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN ALMOST GONE AND SO LONG TO THE SKINNY LITTLE GUY WORKING THERE - 08/24/17 07:11 PM

LOL, private buyer came in Sunday night at closing at the Lewisville store and bought everything except the clothing.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN ALMOST GONE AND SO LONG TO THE SKINNY LITTLE GUY WORKING THERE - 08/25/17 12:11 PM

All of the big box stores are the same with pricing, everything full retail. Cabelas and BPS seem to be surviving with their bling, but eventually everyone will get tired of looking at the decor and slick displays and go to shopping online
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN ALMOST GONE AND SO LONG TO THE SKINNY LITTLE GUY WORKING THERE - 08/25/17 09:59 PM

Not me. I despise ordering something and waiting for it. I pay the prices at BPS because I usually want it in my hand right now
Posted By: RonL

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN ALMOST GONE AND SO LONG TO THE SKINNY LITTLE GUY WORKING THERE - 08/25/17 10:45 PM

I made a trip to Lubbock today and stopped to see if Gander was open but it was locked up and shut down , even had weeds growing in the parking lot . So went on down to Cabelas and found that other than re-arrangement a little it was still stocked and selling . Not a lot of people there at the time tho . All I bought tho was a pigtail with ball for my trailer hitch .
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN ALMOST GONE AND SO LONG TO THE SKINNY LITTLE GUY WORKING THERE - 08/26/17 02:17 AM

A private buyer came in and purchased all remaining tackle, anything fishing, kayaks as well as bow hunting ect....1/2 million dollar deal.

Only six cloths racks left. As well as all fixtures still remain available.

Sun. last day.....
Posted By: scruboak

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN ALMOST GONE AND SO LONG TO THE SKINNY LITTLE GUY WORKING THERE - 08/26/17 07:41 AM

Sucker born everyday and 99 percent live.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum