Texas Fishing Forum

Transferring waypoint from Navionics app to HDS gen 3

Posted By: K.D.

Transferring waypoint from Navionics app to HDS gen 3 - 07/31/17 01:43 AM

I've purchased and downloaded the Navionics HD Boating app to my iPad. It obviously has no card slots. How do I get the waypoints I'm marking on it to my Hds 9 gen 3 ?

I logged in with a PC and tried to sync from the app thinking it would share them online. I was going to used the card slot on the laptop to move them. Should I just use wifi from the iPad to the graph?

Any help appreciated
Posted By: javelin150

Re: Transferring waypoint from Navionics app to HDS gen 3 - 07/31/17 01:55 AM

It is in the final testing phase for Lowrance so that feature is not quite available yet. Only available on Raymarine
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Transferring waypoint from Navionics app to HDS gen 3 - 07/31/17 02:00 AM

So how do I get waypoints from the app to the unit? When I use the pc version online and try to store a marker, it says the feature is only available thru the mobile app. Can I get the Mobil app to transfer to the online version and use a card?

My goal is to study lake maps at home, Mark spots and then go to them when on the water. What's the easiest way to accomplish that?
Posted By: javelin150

Re: Transferring waypoint from Navionics app to HDS gen 3 - 07/31/17 02:21 AM

Not sure if the app will transfer data to a pc and then have the ability to save them to a card.

You could use Google Earth to save waypoints, save them to a file, and then use a file converter software to put them in the correct ust file type that the Lowrance recognizes.

In a nutshell, not a super easy way to do what you want just yet.....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum