Texas Fishing Forum

Electronics help needed.

Posted By: tloc1000

Electronics help needed. - 07/10/17 02:01 PM

Electronics help needed.

I have a Lowarnce Mark-4 CHIRP with DSI.

On sonar, I found what I thought was a brush pile on the bottom with fish arches around it. When I look at the DSI, it shows absolutely nothing there. Just the bottom and blank between the bottom and surface. I'm not sure if my sonar or my DSI settings are off, if nothing is really there, or if I just suck at fishing.
Posted By: ShinerInTx

Re: Electronics help needed. - 07/11/17 01:53 AM

Can you post a picture of what you are seeing? As a baseline, have you previously found brush piles and fish with this Lowrance and you know what they look like on DI, or is it new to you?
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Electronics help needed. - 07/11/17 02:35 AM

without a pic, assuming everything is working properly, I would suggest the reason you are seeing structure on 2d and not di is that the 2d cone angles has more bottom coverage than that of di. So it would possible for an object to pass through the 2d 85/200khz cone angle than that of the Di cone angle with the 455/800 frequencies
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Electronics help needed. - 07/11/17 05:00 PM

Agree with 44Diesel. Its there. Just to front,rear, or one side. Cone angle larger on sonar & picks it up. Switch & move around to locate it again. The deeper it is , the further you may have to move to relocate it due to smaller cone angles on DI.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum