Texas Fishing Forum

I-pilot from 12v powerdrive to a 24v powerdrive?

Posted By: flyinbryan

I-pilot from 12v powerdrive to a 24v powerdrive? - 06/18/17 08:42 PM

I have a new in box 12v powerdrive with I-pilot preinstalled. Never been on a boat. I just picked up a new targa 18 that has a 24v power drive on it. Can the I-pilot be removed from the 12v motor and installed on the 24v motor despite the voltage disparity?
Posted By: javelin150

Re: I-pilot from 12v powerdrive to a 24v powerdrive? - 06/18/17 11:07 PM

I wouldn't see why not. Minn Kota sells the add on to add iPilot to certain model motors and it is not voltage specific.

Re: I-pilot from 12v powerdrive to a 24v powerdrive? - 06/18/17 11:16 PM

i think I'm in agreement. I've looked and looked for answers on the subject. Everything short of calling minn Kota (which I should do if I'm smart. But I think you're right ). The targa I'm sure will be my last boat so I'm trying to get it rigged out nice so I can teach my 9 year old grandson to fish. I'm hoping to put him on some hybrids and sandbass at ray Hubbard (which I live very close to in forney) and tawakoni from time to time. Thanks for your input.

Re: I-pilot from 12v powerdrive to a 24v powerdrive? - 07/21/19 11:33 PM

I know its been two years, but I figure, better late than never. yes, it worked perfectly via the installation procedures provided by minn kota. powerdrive2 I pilots are not voltage specific.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum