Texas Fishing Forum

AGM battery opinion

Posted By: BPKlein

AGM battery opinion - 05/15/17 07:56 PM

Hello,

I am needing 3 new batteries. I want to go with AGM's this time. I am trying to compare Optima Blue tops and BPS pro qualifiers.

Optima D34M 185.00 each from Amazon Prime. 2 year warranty. But the warranty might be difficult to use.
BPS Pro XPS Qualifiers 34 size. 210.00 each from BPS. 1 year warranty then prorated. Warranty easy to use.
Others...?

Thank You for your opinion,
Bryan
Posted By: El Skeeter

Re: AGM battery opinion - 05/15/17 11:14 PM

After deciding on which AGM brand, call the company to make sure your charger will properly
support their perspective battery, some AGM requires a different charging profile, which is why
many AGM s fail after a couple of years.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: AGM battery opinion - 05/15/17 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: El Skeeter
After deciding on which AGM brand, call the company to make sure your charger will properly
support their perspective battery, some AGM requires a different charging profile, which is why

Good info....I have 3 optimas and they recommend a charger with no more than 10 amps per bank
Posted By: BPKlein

Re: AGM battery opinion - 05/16/17 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: El Skeeter

Thank You for the heads up.

Bryan
Posted By: trlrman

Re: AGM battery opinion - 05/16/17 12:59 AM

Might check out deka brand .4 years use needed the warranty 1 time on 1 battery and they delivered it to me .this was thru batteries plus in Burleson they will continue to get my business because of great customer service
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: AGM battery opinion - 05/16/17 01:08 AM

Always buy cabellas AGM on sale and they have always lasted from 4 to 6 years. That is guiding. Use in Motor home coach battery . First one lasted 6 years and the one in there is over 4 years old. The series 27 are regular priced at 269. I have never give more than a 179.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum