Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance fish finder.

Posted By: ARBASSFISHER

Lowrance fish finder. - 02/26/15 01:10 AM

I recently purchased a Lowrance hds7 generation 2 touch-screen. I am wanting to run a trolling motor transducer as well as a transom mounted transducer. My question is how does the unit know which transducer to use for the down scan. And can I choose the transom mounted transducer when the trolling motor is up.
Posted By: twolfcoach

Re: Lowrance fish finder. - 02/26/15 02:22 AM

Welcome to the best fishing forum. These guys will answer your question. Wish i couldv been more help.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lowrance fish finder. - 02/26/15 03:04 AM

I just had this discussion on another forum. If you do this you will have to go into the transducer selection menu and reselect the sonar transducer. It confuses the graph having both the LSS and HDI hooked up.
You could run a LSS box and solve that problem though.

Re: Lowrance fish finder. - 02/26/15 03:24 AM

Arent the LSS boxes like 500 dollars? Is there any other option? Will it work without the LSS box?

Re: Lowrance fish finder. - 02/26/15 03:32 AM

You can find used boxes fairly cheap (depending on your definition of cheap). Only way around the box is to reselect the sonar choice evertime.

Just about everything you'd ever want to know and a bit you won't care about; but the answer is the final post by Gary.

http://www.bbcboards.net/lowrance-sonar-gps/576497-hdi-83-200-455-800-over-lss-2-a.html

Re: Lowrance fish finder. - 02/26/15 03:37 AM

Will it work good with just reselecting everytime? Or do you have to have a LSS box? Is it pretty easy to reselect the sonar?

Re: Lowrance fish finder. - 02/26/15 03:39 AM

Do we need the head unit only and do we need the LSS 2.

Re: Lowrance fish finder. - 02/26/15 04:13 AM

Open an account on the link I sent you. Those guys there can answer all of your questions, I can answer some but I don't have a HDI transducer so I'd just be guessing. In fact the man (Gary) on the post I gave you can & will help you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum