Texas Fishing Forum

HDS 9 Touch Issue?

Posted By: The Rodfather

HDS 9 Touch Issue? - 02/23/15 01:39 AM

I just installed my new HDS 9 and took it out yesterday to check it out. Everything worked awesome until I wanted to make a page with just sonar and down scan. Every time I moved structure option to the box it would just be side imaging. So, how do you get it to switch from side to down scan?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: HDS 9 Touch Issue? - 02/23/15 01:45 AM

While on the SS page press menu and select "view", then change it to whatever you want to see.
Posted By: scottsoutdoorworld

Re: HDS 9 Touch Issue? - 02/23/15 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: bentrod26
I just installed my new HDS 9 and took it out yesterday to check it out. Everything worked awesome until I wanted to make a page with just sonar and down scan. Every time I moved structure option to the box it would just be side imaging. So, how do you get it to switch from side to down scan?
you have to pull side over then the same box that had side will now show down so pull it over now you will have both so then slide the side back over to get rid of it and it will be only down left then slide 2d over and save it

Re: HDS 9 Touch Issue? - 02/23/15 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: 21i300hp
Originally Posted By: bentrod26
you have to pull side over then the same box that had side will now show down so pull it over now you will have both so then slide the side back over to get rid of it and it will be only down left then slide 2d over and save it
I tried this and the second time I slid structure over it was still side imaging leaving me with a sonar and two side imaging page.

Re: HDS 9 Touch Issue? - 02/23/15 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
While on the SS page press menu and select "view", then change it to whatever you want to see.
I will give this a shot next weekend, thanks for the help y'all!
Posted By: dr.juice

Re: HDS 9 Touch Issue? - 02/23/15 02:47 AM

Are the units networked?
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: HDS 9 Touch Issue? - 02/23/15 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout

This is exactly the right answer. You can actually do this without being on the water. You'll see a little change in the view of the screen even though it's not in the water.

Re: HDS 9 Touch Issue? - 02/23/15 03:59 AM

Not networked, thanks for the help folks!

Re: HDS 9 Touch Issue? - 02/23/15 02:48 PM

I have more time to type now sooooo, here goes. When on split screen some don't realize that there is an orange box around one of the split boxes. You must move that orange box to the split box that you want to change the options on. Hope that makes sense and I didn't waste my time typing it out.

Here's a pic in case anybody is confused and has no clue about what I'm talking about.

Posted By: T Bird

Re: HDS 9 Touch Issue? - 02/23/15 03:27 PM

What ever you do, don't touch your transducer, those a great side and down imaging shots. thumb

Re: HDS 9 Touch Issue? - 02/23/15 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bird
What ever you do, don't touch your transducer, those a great side and down imaging shots. thumb

Lss1 on the trolling motor. Works pretty good for me.

Re: HDS 9 Touch Issue? - 02/24/15 03:42 AM

Thanks for the info grout!
Posted By: Jim A.

Re: HDS 9 Touch Issue? - 02/25/15 11:53 PM

I had the same problem with my nine touch, had to send it back to factory. the down scan was not in it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum