Texas Fishing Forum

Sd card question

Posted By: Tommy G

Sd card question - 02/22/15 04:32 PM

I'm about to switch from the elite 5 dsi to the elite 7 hdi. I've found lots of units for below 600 dollars. I found one for 500, but it does not come with GOLD. Can I take my card from the elite 5, and put it in the new unit?

Re: Sd card question - 02/22/15 06:48 PM

I've googled it, can't find an answere
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Sd card question - 02/22/15 11:43 PM

What card type does the Elite 7 HDI use?

What card type is the GOLD you have?

microSD and SD are the types.

If the card is a microSD inside a SD adaptor it will work in both.
If the GOLD is an older one that is SD, then the card reader makes a difference.

The software itself is interchangeable since it comes on a 2GB or less card depending on its age.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Sd card question - 02/23/15 08:13 PM

You will not be happy with the update speed of the GPS on the Elite 7 units when using a map card. Even Lowrance acknowledges the processor is too slow. It is extremely slow and is a product wide problem. At any zoom level that is remotely usable, the Elite 7's will not update fast enough to keep you on the screen over about 8-10mph. The GPS function is all but useless unless idling or running the trolling motor. If you want a fully functional GPS feature, consider another unit and save the money and frustration that you spend on the Elite7.

Re: Sd card question - 02/26/15 01:03 AM

I'm using it on my kayak.
Posted By: lcbl75771

Re: Sd card question - 02/26/15 05:13 PM

I like mine on the bow but would never put one on the console because of the update speed. I can't understand how Lowrance could put out a product that slow seeing how advanced the units are today.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum