Texas Fishing Forum

Sonic hub problems. HELP

Posted By: Bigolesack

Sonic hub problems. HELP - 02/14/15 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: 19xsbassman;4585736
Hi Lwabirds, no it did not work, Lowrance is sending me out all new SonicHub! thanks for your help, Joe

I just installed the sonic hub in my boat last week. I wired the red/yellow together n turn them on with one of my aux switches on my ranger. It worked great for a day. The next day I was playing it while organizing my tackle and it just shut off. So I investigatd. Checked nema cable, ground and power. All were connected. Checked plug at sonic hub. It was pushed all the way in and fuse was ok. All of a sudden it came on. Well the next day at the boat ramp it was on for about 5 min. N it shut off again. I got home and checked all the same things. hds unit kept saying no source detected and no lights on sonic hub. I ohmed out all wires including nema cable,power and ground. Reset hds unit and now when I go through the set up and turn on the sonic hub feature it does not even recognize that it is hooked up. It will not even give me the little window at the bottom of screen. I even tried my other hds unit and nothing!! There is power going to the hub for sure because when I put fuse in there is a small arc when u put fuse in which is normal. What a pain in the butt this thing has been. Going to have to call lowrance Monday I guess. Anyone else having this issue?
Posted By: CDF

Re: Sonic hub problems. HELP - 02/14/15 06:27 PM

I've noticed mine doing the same thing and have tracked it down to supply voltage. If the red or yellow wire does not have 12 volts it will shut off and the sonar won't recognize it. Boats are bad about having corrosion on switches and fuse boxes that can cause a voltage drop. My sonic hub is real sensitive on the voltage supply to it but my sonar doesn't seem to mind and always works. Make sure that the red and yellow wires have very clean connections through the switches and fuse box and are supplying at least 12 volts at the sonic hub while it is on. Hope this helps
Posted By: jfdawson

Re: Sonic hub problems. HELP - 02/15/15 11:21 PM

The yellow wire on the sonic Hub should be connected to the yellow wire on the HDS unit. It's designed so that when you hit the power button on the HDS unit it powers on/off the sonic hub. I'm pretty sure you are not suppose to have both red and yellow connected to the same power lead. If you don't want the HDS unit to cycle power the sonic hub then try taping the end off and leave it alone. see if that solves your problem.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum