Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance elite-7 interference

Posted By: slabslayer1105

Lowrance elite-7 interference - 02/28/14 12:59 AM

I put my transducer on my trolling motor today and ran my trolling motor to see if I got any interference because I have heard of people having issues with that. Well that's exactly what I got you can see it in the picture. What is the long term fix and the short term so I can use it this weekend? I have a piece of gasket material between the trolling motor and transducer shield as a spacer so the shield will fit on the trolling motor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Dayne

Re: Lowrance elite-7 interference - 02/28/14 10:41 AM

What does it look like with the trolling motor off?

How is it wired?
Posted By: OkieBob

Re: Lowrance elite-7 interference - 02/28/14 12:18 PM

This issue has been addressed very frequently on the forum and a search will give you a ton of information.
As Dayne implied above you likely have an issue with power to the unit. Power can NOT come from your trolling motor batteries and in fact must remain as far as possible away from them and the cables from the batteries to the trolling motor.
I strongly suggest running new separate wiring from the unit back to the cranking battery.

Re: Lowrance elite-7 interference - 02/28/14 01:12 PM

The 3 white static patches are what it looks like when the trolling motor is on when it turns off it goes back to black. It is tied into the bow lights not the trolling motor but they are fairly close to one another
Posted By: RetiredYaker

Re: Lowrance elite-7 interference - 02/28/14 01:55 PM

You need to run a ground wire to the brush plate.

Re: Lowrance elite-7 interference - 03/01/14 02:06 AM

That took care of it thank you for the help.

Re: Lowrance elite-7 interference - 03/01/14 05:20 AM

No problem! Glad I could help!
Posted By: Bernie Lee

Re: Lowrance elite-7 interference - 03/01/14 02:07 PM

What do you call the brush plate?

Re: Lowrance elite-7 interference - 03/01/14 02:33 PM

The brush plate is a composite plate inside the motor that holds the brushes in place. It is where the POS and neg wire connect.
Posted By: Bernie Lee

Re: Lowrance elite-7 interference - 03/01/14 06:11 PM

Could you post some photos of the brush plate and how you grounded it?

Re: Lowrance elite-7 interference - 03/01/14 11:18 PM

I don't have any pics. I haven't taken any of the units I have done. I have a shop close to Lake fork where I do minn kota work.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum