Texas Fishing Forum

Modified butt seat

Posted By: Rayzor

Modified butt seat - 10/18/13 08:23 PM

I never sit in my butt seat up front but I like having it there for grabbing on to when it's rough. Tritons are real narrow up front and it is sometimes difficult to get around this seat. Are there any products out there that could be put on top of the pedestal in place of the seat?
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Modified butt seat - 10/18/13 08:28 PM

Bass Pro Shop sells big butt seats.

Re: Modified butt seat - 10/18/13 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: CHAMPION FISH
Bass Pro Shop sells big butt seats.

Maybe you don't understand my post or you're just trying to be funny. I don't need bigger.
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Modified butt seat - 10/19/13 01:27 AM

I got rid of my seat and pole. I found I was more stable without it and able to walk around a lot better.
My wife used a butt seat in the back but she tried it one day without and she liked it better too.
I usually fish Lake Dunlap which is a big wave machine in the summer with jet fleas and wake boats and I don't really have many problems controlling the boat. If it gets really bad I will kneel down and use my hand to control the trolling motor.

Re: Modified butt seat - 10/19/13 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Rickmb
I got rid of my seat and pole. I found I was more stable without it and able to walk around a lot better.
My wife used a butt seat in the back but she tried it one day without and she liked it better too.
I usually fish Lake Dunlap which is a big wave machine in the summer with jet fleas and wake boats and I don't really have many problems controlling the boat. If it gets really bad I will kneel down and use my hand to control the trolling motor.

Thanks Rickmb - Somewhere I saw something that looked liked a cushioned ball on top of a pedestal. I just can't remember where and I can't find anything on the net.
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Modified butt seat - 10/20/13 03:43 AM

If you do find something like that let me know. Even though she likes it without the seat she still wants a drink holder and a place to put her phone.
Posted By: papamark

Re: Modified butt seat - 10/20/13 11:38 PM

There was a guy on FaceBook with a seat that looked interesting, it was shaped like a horse shoe and you could either sit on it or raise it some and lean your elbows on it. They are in the development stage and he is suppose to let me know when they are available
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Modified butt seat - 10/21/13 06:35 PM

Maybe this would work.

http://www.eztroll.com/index.php/shop-all-products/ez-troll-products/ez-troll-low-profile-seat.html

Re: Modified butt seat - 10/22/13 01:43 AM

That's pretty cool! I think I'll have to get one of those.

Re: Modified butt seat - 10/23/13 12:53 AM

Ordered one today. I'll let everyone know how I feel about it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum