Posted By: snowyriver6

i-pilot - 03/25/13 08:20 PM

whats yawls opinion re the i-pilot trolling motor
Posted By: snowyriver6

Re: i-pilot - 03/25/13 08:43 PM

how much did you pay for your i-pilot?
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: i-pilot - 03/25/13 09:22 PM

mine came with boat, I dont know how I did without it, very pleased with it --101 thrust
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: i-pilot - 03/26/13 02:04 AM

The i-pilot is awesome. I use it regularly to keep me and my clients on fish. I highly recommend it if you can afford the price tag.
Posted By: Sadisdix

Re: i-pilot - 03/26/13 02:28 AM

The i-pilot isn't a trolling motor, it's an attachment. The i-pilot will work with 3 minn kota trolling motors...the Riptide, Terrova and PowerDrive 2. Be-aware of the two different types on i-pilots too, i-pilot and i-pilot link. The link allows you to connect your trolling motor to high end humminbirds.

I purchased the i-pilot off ebay for $320 new and a used Terrova from craigslist for $450. Best decision I've ever made for fishing!!!

The i-pilot is WONDERFUL! I use the i-pilot's SPOT LOCK feature, it truly takes away the hassle from trying to anchor. Also, I can use the AUTOPILOT feature to keep the boat heading in the same direction (great for trolling or setting the trolling motor into the wind with a low speed to slow down my drift).

I have a couple of videos on ipilot and plan on adding more: http://www.youtube.com/user/AmericanAngling/videos?flow=grid&view=15
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum