Texas Fishing Forum

Gifted gear

Posted By: MuglyFish

Gifted gear - 01/22/23 12:52 AM

Here is just some of what was given to me that will be put to use soon enough. Triton 200GT reel and alot of Ambassadeur reels. Daiwa rods and afew other old rods. Looks like hand made jigs? Never used anything like them but will.. I still have afew more tackle boxes to go through. I think alot of this stuff is old, some crappie jig packages had kmart stickers of 15 cent tags. Score!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Gifted gear - 01/22/23 02:46 PM

Sweet! thumb
Posted By: Rowdy

Re: Gifted gear - 01/22/23 04:14 PM

Some of the biggest problems with the older reels like this, will be the old lube they were oiled with. It will have turned into more of a heavy and getting hard Grease or worse. You will need to most likely a deep dive in them cleaning them all up. Looks like you got some 55 and 5600 there?
Posted By: MuglyFish

Re: Gifted gear - 01/23/23 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rowdy
Some of the biggest problems with the older reels like this, will be the old lube they were oiled with. It will have turned into more of a heavy and getting hard Grease or worse. You will need to most likely a deep dive in them cleaning them all up. Looks like you got some 55 and 5600 there?

Red ones are 5000 and the Black ones are 5000C. They all reel smooth and all parts seem to work as they should. I just need to clean the cobwebs and dust off them. I will be youtube'ing how to clean these because I have no idea at this point.
Posted By: Rowdy

Re: Gifted gear - 01/23/23 02:30 PM

I will say the biggest mistake most make here on reels, they use to much oil and then the wrong type. You really don't use much. I have told guys before, "you just show, the bearings the oil bottle" lol

To much oil has the bearings and surfaces running to wet, that doesn't hurt them they just don't roll as free, so shorter casts and much more sluggish of a reel.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum