Texas Fishing Forum

Ultrex Problem

Posted By: LakeTylerMan

Ultrex Problem - 04/14/22 03:13 AM

Do any of you know what may be going wrong with my Ultrex when the following happens:
On SpotLock the foot pedal moves all the way down and then beeps and SL turns off. I had this happen in the past to the point where the cables broke. I took it in for repair and the repairman changed something in the foot pedal unit. I'm going to try and fix it myself but need to know what the part is that needs replacing. Anybody have an idea?
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Ultrex Problem - 04/14/22 03:13 PM

I don't have a pedal, so I've never had the problem that your describing.
But the 1st thing that I think of is if the unit has been recalibrated with it's GPS signal?
Posted By: yandeltx

Re: Ultrex Problem - 04/14/22 04:23 PM

First of all make sure a cable isn’t causing the least amount of binding. Also make sure a worm weight or something else hasn’t gotten under the pedal assembly, it doesn’t take much.
Posted By: LakeTylerMan

Re: Ultrex Problem - 04/28/22 05:19 PM

I ordered the circuit board and the steering sensor. I'm just going to replace those components. I hope it isn't hard. Problem is getting worse as the steering pedal now binds to the extent that I'm having trouble pushing in the heel direction. The last time I had this problem the steering sensor was replaced. After my repair I hope all works well. The next time I have the problem I'll get a new Ultrex.
Posted By: CKINCAID

Re: Ultrex Problem - 05/01/22 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by LakeTylerMan
I ordered the circuit board and the steering sensor. I'm just going to replace those components. I hope it isn't hard. Problem is getting worse as the steering pedal now binds to the extent that I'm having trouble pushing in the heel direction. The last time I had this problem the steering sensor was replaced. After my repair I hope all works well. The next time I have the problem I'll get a new Ultrex.

Are you using the first gen?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Ultrex Problem - 05/01/22 06:40 PM

might try recalibration of the compass, any orientation of bow placement, may be something in the gps is out of whack.
Posted By: FishKiller

Re: Ultrex Problem - 05/28/22 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by LakeTylerMan
Do any of you know what may be going wrong with my Ultrex when the following happens:
On SpotLock the foot pedal moves all the way down and then beeps and SL turns off. I had this happen in the past to the point where the cables broke. I took it in for repair and the repairman changed something in the foot pedal unit. I'm going to try and fix it myself but need to know what the part is that needs replacing. Anybody have an idea?

Mine is doing the same thing as well when on spot lock, not all the time but enough. Is your spot lock working well? Mine not so much. I think it needs calibration but mine doesn't have a calibration setting on the remote. Not sure what to do but I'm having the same issue as you.
Posted By: Capt. Bryan

Re: Ultrex Problem - 06/02/22 12:04 PM

Call the guys over at Jones trolling motor in Texarkana, they will likely be able to walk you through resolution and or have part needed.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum