Texas Fishing Forum

Amazon budget Lithium batteries

Posted By: Clint H.

Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 12/14/21 03:48 PM

Any one have any experience with budget lithium batteries?
Anyone use 50ah trolling batteries for 36v ultrex and have all day power?
Posted By: Mo

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 12/14/21 07:27 PM

I do not , one thing that is holding me back from trying them is the lack of low temp charge shut off. From what I understand ,
charging lithium batteries at temps below freezing will damage them.

When the price for a 12 v 100 ah battery with low temp charging protection , for under $400, I will be a buyer,

MO
Posted By: Bweidler

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 12/15/21 12:41 PM

I know Impulse Lithium offers a 12v-60ah that I hear runs the troller all day. They do have the low temperature cut off and offer a 10yr warranty

I don't know about the cheaper batteries or the warranties they come with. There are so many things to consider when buying Lithiums, the case seal is one. If you get water intrusion it will kill the battery. I would go with a more reputable company

Looks like a lot of Pros run their products. Frank Talley, Lee Livesay, Randy Howell, Boyd Duckett, BMP and more.

I live by the saying, "you get what you pay for"

www.impulselithium.com.

I believe their 60ah is $475 on the site
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 01/15/22 04:11 PM

PM sent
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 01/15/22 04:26 PM

Bought a full set of Ionics about a month ago, 3 50's for the tm, a 125 for the big motor and electronics and their charger. To me it was worth spending a little extra for a name brand with us based customer support.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 01/18/22 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mo
I do not , one thing that is holding me back from trying them is the lack of low temp charge shut off. From what I understand ,

When the price for a 12 v 100 ah battery with low temp charging protection , for under $400, I will be a buyer,

MO

50ah ionics for 350.00

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QL2X2D...31JMD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 01/18/22 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
Originally Posted by Mo

MO

50ah ionics for 350.00

Drewcraft

Myself and 3 friends all got our Ionics from Drewcraft. Great customer service and support. Also no sales tax if you order from him.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 01/18/22 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by hopalong
Originally Posted by Mo

MO

50ah ionics for 350.00

Drewcraft

Myself and 3 friends all got our Ionics from Drewcraft. Great customer service and support. Also no sales tax if you order from him.

Bought mine from him as well. Haven’t needed the CS, but I read that he’s great with it.
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 01/19/22 12:35 AM

Check out these reviews on You Tube

https://youtu.be/74iBMHE3StM
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 01/19/22 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bweidler
I know Impulse Lithium offers a 12v-60ah that I hear runs the troller all day. They do have the low temperature cut off and offer a 10yr warranty

I don't know about the cheaper batteries or the warranties they come with. There are so many things to consider when buying Lithiums, the case seal is one. If you get water intrusion it will kill the battery. I would go with a more reputable company

Looks like a lot of Pros run their products. Frank Talley, Lee Livesay, Randy Howell, Boyd Duckett, BMP and more.

www.impulselithium.com.

Give them a call or send them an email... They had a sale on non bluetooth 12v 60Ah back in October and I got them for $399 a piece, free shipping. Was nervous about the lack of warranty on the Amazon site... Couldn't be happier so far... And if you just have to know where your batteries are charge wise get the Amped Outdoors meter for $70... Dan

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 01/19/22 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Originally Posted by Bweidler

www.impulselithium.com.

Give them a call or send them an email... They had a sale on non bluetooth 12v 60Ah back in October and I got them for $399 a piece, free shipping. Was nervous about the lack of warranty on the Amazon site... Couldn't be happier so far... And if you just have to know where your batteries are charge wise get the Amped Outdoors meter for $70... Dan

Hey Dan, did you watch Bassmasters last year?

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 01/19/22 10:11 PM

Here and there. What are you referring to???... Dan

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 01/19/22 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Here and there. What are you referring to???... Dan

The guy you were quoting above owns Impulse and fished BM last year and won an event . cheers

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 01/20/22 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
The guy you were quoting above owns Impulse and fished BM last year and won an event . cheers

I emailed him at 5a on a Saturday morning and he got back to me at 515a... Dang good customer service if you ask me... Dan

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 02/08/22 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by ToadThrower

No low temp charging sensor. on these. My understanding is , If you try charging these batteries below freezing , It will permantly damage them.

Are there chargers available with a low temp shut off ? Or a switch you could put between charger and power supply that shuts down in cold weather ?

thanks guys
MO
Posted By: Terry M

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 02/23/22 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mo
Originally Posted by ToadThrower

No low temp charging sensor. on these. My understanding is , If you try charging these batteries below freezing , It will permantly damage them.

Are there chargers available with a low temp shut off ? Or a switch you could put between charger and power supply that shuts down in cold weather ?

thanks guys
MO

I believe these chargers offer low temperature protection. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G3DLYX8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 02/23/22 10:38 PM

I ordered a Moesworth 12v 100 ah from amazon for $318.00 It claims to be low temp charge protected.

We will see how it goes.

MO
Posted By: Terry M

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 02/24/22 12:00 AM

From what I have read when you order the cheap ones, like I did, it has a BMS (Battery Management System) of at least the amp hour rating of the battery. For example if it is a 100 amp hour battery the BMS should be at least 100 amps. You have to read the fine print to find this info as some of the 100 amp hour batteries have a 50 amp BMS.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 02/24/22 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mo
I ordered a Moesworth 12v 100 ah from amazon for $318.00 It claims to be low temp charge protected.

We will see how it goes.

MO

some of the ionics come with a heater built in.

from what I read anything less than 32* and you will probably damage them.

they get pricey with a heater.

https://drewcraft.com/product/125ah-12v-ionic-lithium-heater/

Re: Amazon budget Lithium batteries - 02/28/22 08:46 PM

[/quote]

I believe these chargers offer low temperature protection. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G3DLYX8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details [/quote]

Great , this is the charger I use, I should be set.

MO
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum