Texas Fishing Forum

Towing

Posted By: IKELEVI

Towing - 11/14/21 05:29 PM

Anyone use a Suburban to tow 20+ foot bass boats? How do they perform? Thank you.
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Towing - 11/15/21 12:21 AM

I seen a guy pull up to the ramp yesterday with a Toyota pickup. The old smaller one dragging a 21’ bass boat. With a Suburban you should be great! Lol man I have pulled a 19’ boat with a v 6 with no issues. But in 2009 I bought a Hemi. 4x4 and I would tow anything with that! I think you will be fine!
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Towing - 11/15/21 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by IKELEVI
Anyone use a Suburban to tow 20+ foot bass boats? How do they perform? Thank you.

It will perform just like a pickup truck with a cap on the bed.
Posted By: Micheal

Re: Towing - 11/15/21 02:54 PM

Did it for years. When fishing tour. would use it as a camper.
Posted By: Diesel Doctor

Re: Towing - 08/16/22 02:00 PM

Mine did great for many years.

Eric
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Towing - 08/16/22 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Not quite, but close. On the newer ones the independent suspension makes it a little different. Plus, on the shallow sloped ramps, it’s hard to launch solo without getting wet since you ain’t climbing over the bed side and walking out to the boat.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Towing - 08/16/22 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by tmd11111

Not quite, but close. On the newer ones the independent suspension makes it a little different. Plus, on the shallow sloped ramps, it’s hard to launch solo without getting wet since you ain’t climbing over the bed side and walking out to the boat.

open tailgate and climb through the cab. Wish I could do that with my Super Duty. Lakes by me are getting so low that on some of the ramps I have my truck backed in to the front wheels to get the boat off the trailer. Thankfully its summer time and I can rock my crocks wading to the boat.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum