Texas Fishing Forum

LED Navigation Lights

Posted By: IKELEVI

LED Navigation Lights - 08/20/21 08:44 PM

I know it's been brought up but can't find the thread. Are LED navigation lights legal in Texas if they USCG approved? Thank you.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: LED Navigation Lights - 08/20/21 09:02 PM

yes.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bullet[BS]

Re: LED Navigation Lights - 08/23/21 10:52 AM

As long at the proper color is illuminated it doesn't matter if it is LED or not.
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: LED Navigation Lights - 08/23/21 02:43 PM

I replaced my old style bulbs with LED replacement type. Brighter, no heat, I really like them.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: LED Navigation Lights - 09/08/21 01:32 AM

Does the package say the LED lights are CG approved?
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: LED Navigation Lights - 09/08/21 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by V-Bottom

I bought LED replacement’s for the existing bulb that is in my existing bow and stern light. It looks no different on the outside. Just a white LED bulb inside. I just typed in the bulb # and the LED equivalent # pops up. Both fit in the existing lights perfect.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: LED Navigation Lights - 09/08/21 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Coolarrow
Originally Posted by V-Bottom

I bought LED replacement’s for the existing bulb that is in my existing bow and stern light. It looks no different on the outside. Just a white LED bulb inside. I just typed in the bulb # and the LED equivalent # pops up. Both fit in the existing lights perfect.

bulbs don't matter, people get all excited about a uscg approval when any led goes way above and beyond the requirements. I have had them for the last 10 yrs. now and never had a problem one with a gw etc.
just be sure when you install them you maintain the visual requirements like the diagram and you are good to go.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: LED Navigation Lights - 09/10/21 02:08 PM

I run red/green LED strip lights, been spot checked a dozen times in last 5 years on Fork, no problems. I still have the
pole lights if the LEDs have a problem.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum