Posted By: gh

Trolling batteries - 06/25/21 10:47 PM

Looking to replace my trolling batteries in my bass boats, any thoughts
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Trolling batteries - 06/26/21 12:34 AM

lithium
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Trolling batteries - 06/26/21 03:11 AM

Man the sale on Ionic Lithium Batteries right now makes it hard to pick anything else! welcome

Ionic Lithium
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Trolling batteries - 06/26/21 12:45 PM

It’s definitely getting more in my price range! I was looking at them at the classic expo. With the life span twice as long as lead acid and the weight and room of only needing one for trolling motor. Even if I stay with the AGM for my outboard it would be still worth it. When my battery’s die I’ll be going that way!
Posted By: sticknstring

Re: Trolling batteries - 06/28/21 06:12 AM

Thinking of doing the same but I need to check and see if my onboard minnkota system handles AGM or lithium first! You might want to make sure your charger or onboard systems can handle them first.
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Trolling batteries - 06/28/21 09:02 AM

I know the one I want would require a new charger. The 24v and the 36v single case battery’s would need a charger of that voltage. I use a 24v trolling motor. I’m not sure about the 12v ones, if they require a special charger or not. Definitely a good point though! More money! Lol
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Trolling batteries - 06/28/21 01:05 PM

If you can’t afford lithium go with group 31 AGM
I have 3 Interstates for my TM and they are 😌
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Trolling batteries - 06/28/21 08:40 PM

I bought two of these Lithium batteries for my new boat’s trolling motor. They cost basically 2X what a good AGM would cost but will last 5X or more as long and give MUCH superior service with their ability to deliver much more capacity. Took about a week to get them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08M37CXWM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Trolling batteries - 06/30/21 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Coolarrow
It’s definitely getting more in my price range! I was looking at them at the classic expo. With the life span twice as long as lead acid and the weight and room of only needing one for trolling motor. Even if I stay with the AGM for my outboard it would be still worth it. When my battery’s die I’ll be going that way!

I have to get time to install mine along with my new Helix 10 G4N's and the Mega 360! cheers
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Trolling batteries - 06/30/21 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by doctorxring

I bought two of these Lithium batteries for my new boat’s trolling motor. They cost basically 2X what a good AGM would cost but will last 5X or more as long and give MUCH superior service with their ability to deliver much more capacity. Took about a week to get them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08M37CXWM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Do these have a 5 year warranty?
Posted By: Looseline

Re: Trolling batteries - 01/04/22 02:36 PM

lly Posted by doctorxring

How are your batteries holding up?
Posted By: romeroxl1200

Re: Trolling batteries - 01/09/22 12:47 AM

I'm basically trying to decide which is best.......a single 24V batteries or 2 12V....right now.

Minn Kota recommends non lithium, yet they will work.

As an electrical engineer...using lithium could pose an issue with motors on trolling motor long term. if they motor is not specifically designed for lithium......basically standard batteries energy curve starts to go down once in use...verses the lithium batteries...everything works on the white board.....voltage delivery is different with lithium verse AGM batteries.

good luck deciding, I'm fighting with it right now, cause I like the idea of one 24v battery, might be better than 2.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Trolling batteries - 01/09/22 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by romeroxl1200
I'm basically trying to decide which is best.......a single 24V batteries or 2 12V....right now.

Minn Kota recommends non lithium, yet they will work.

As an electrical engineer...using lithium could pose an issue with motors on trolling motor long term. if they motor is not specifically designed for lithium......basically standard batteries energy curve starts to go down once in use...verses the lithium batteries...everything works on the white board.....voltage delivery is different with lithium verse AGM batteries.

good luck deciding, I'm fighting with it right now, cause I like the idea of one 24v battery, might be better than 2.

Voltage is higher on a lithium then lead acid. Only issue with a Minn Kota is they recommend not to run at max thrust for extended periods. I'll say this, with lithiums my tm runs the same speed on 3 as it did on 4 with lead acids. Also, power doesn't fade as the battery power goes down.
Posted By: romeroxl1200

Re: Trolling batteries - 01/09/22 03:04 AM

So....let me pose this question since seems alot of battery knowledge...

24V 100 ah......Do you need 2 12V 100ah batteries?.......how many ah do you get?.....with 2 12V 100ah batteries?
Posted By: Bweidler

Re: Trolling batteries - 01/28/22 11:09 PM

yes, Impulse Lithiums 36v with the charge on the run charger, awesome system. I have they ALL IN package myself

https://www.impulselithium.com/product/36v-40ah-platinum-series-dc-charge-combo/
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum