Texas Fishing Forum

License plate light

Posted By: Piper480

License plate light - 05/17/21 03:26 PM

I recently bought a boat & trailer boat trailer. While tinkering on it, I realized that the license plate on the trailer does not have a light on it. Can anyone recommend a waterproof one, or have any other suggestions for this?
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: License plate light - 05/17/21 04:36 PM

Not sure if that is a requirement. Take a look at every farm trailer that you see.
Posted By: learnin to fish

Re: License plate light - 05/17/21 06:45 PM

If the license plate is mounted under the trailer tail light it should illuminate it. It should have a clear spot in the plastic to shine through onto the license plate.
Posted By: Piper480

Re: License plate light - 05/18/21 01:02 PM

Thank you for responding. Relocating the plate might be easier than adding a light, great suggestion.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: License plate light - 05/18/21 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Piper480
Thank you for responding. Relocating the plate might be easier than adding a light, great suggestion.

If that's the case, the previous owner must have put the tail lights on wrong. Left on right & right on left.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: License plate light - 06/11/21 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by learnin to fish
If the license plate is mounted under the trailer tail light it should illuminate it. It should have a clear spot in the plastic to shine through onto the license plate.

Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: License plate light - 06/12/21 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by V-Bottom
Originally Posted by learnin to fish

I see that on utility trailers and travel trailers but all my boat trailers have had separate lights for the license plate. That is because the taillights are recessed. The light on my Champion trailer was out and I could not find a clear one. I had an extra red one laying around so I just used it. It illuminates the plate fine. If the OP feels the need for one tit would be easy to add.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: License plate light - 06/12/21 11:07 PM

etrailer.com.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: License plate light - 06/14/21 12:55 PM

They sell them at academy, BassPro, Oriellys, Ace, hell even WALMART sells them. It ain’t anything specific.
Posted By: Bob Browne

Re: License plate light - 07/17/21 05:24 PM

the etrailer.com selection will be better quality than most box stores. Give Peterson Manufactoring and Hopkins a close look.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum