Texas Fishing Forum

Dealer Support?

Posted By: Pinto Bean

Dealer Support? - 01/23/21 02:07 AM

Looking at purchasing a new boat, the closest dealer for the boat I am interested in is over 300 miles away. With improvements in technology and dependability how important is dealer support after the sale?
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Dealer Support? - 01/23/21 11:26 AM

They are definitely more proactive for warranty support if you bought the boat from them.
Posted By: Dayne

Re: Dealer Support? - 01/23/21 12:16 PM

If set up properly, your dealer isn’t that important. If not then you might have to go back. My dealer is a butt. I had to go back twice because of stuff not properly rigged.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Dealer Support? - 01/23/21 11:07 PM

If it is a quality boat then I would be more concerned about having a dealer closer to service my outboard. cheers
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Dealer Support? - 01/28/21 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66
If it is a quality boat then I would be more concerned about having a dealer closer to service my outboard. cheers

^^^
This

You shouldn't expect much warranty work for the boat. But the motor, you will want to keep well maintained and on top of anything that needs attention.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Dealer Support? - 01/29/21 04:20 PM

Huge
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Dealer Support? - 02/12/21 04:05 PM

I've never bought a boat closer than 2 hours from my house. Dealers in the area don't carry what I want. That said, the closest dealer has a top notch Mercury mechanic and they've always treated me good when I've needed warranty work... Dan
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum