Texas Fishing Forum

After church trailer step project

Posted By: tangledup3

After church trailer step project - 08/17/20 01:05 AM

Decided to build some steps for my trailer today after church. Rounded up some scrap metal and got all my parts cut and cleaned up and tacked together. Still gonna add some gussets and a handle. A little heavier than I wanted but this was the material I had laying around so my only cost should be paint and primer and maybe a locking pin for the receiver tube. Any input or suggestions are welcome before I weld it out. [Linked Image]

Re: After church trailer step project - 08/17/20 01:09 AM

Having trouble adding photos
Posted By: Texas Grown

Re: After church trailer step project - 08/18/20 10:18 PM

Bumper pad on the boat side of that vertical piece to protect your boat while trailering/launching it. After paint, add some anti-slip step grip tape to each step. Those painted steps can get slick when wet. If your ladder ever gets any twist or lean in it to the outside, as could happen from the leverage of the weight out away from the trailer, you might add a foot stop on the end of each step to keep your foot from slipping off the end of the step. Just some things I'd do. But your project looks great!!! thumb
Posted By: 5-0Bowhunter

Re: After church trailer step project - 08/18/20 10:55 PM

Looks awesome, u might add a stick of rebar on outside side of steps to keep your foot from sliding off. I had to do that on deer stand step to keep rubberboots from sliding off.

Re: After church trailer step project - 08/21/20 12:31 AM

Thank you for the suggestions, I appreciate y’all input.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum