Texas Fishing Forum

Disinfecting Using What?

Posted By: V-Bottom

Disinfecting Using What? - 07/13/20 04:10 AM

Put my 23' Camper in the shop recently. With tech's going in and out of it doing repairs, they just might have contaminated areas with that #19 (if they unknowingly had it). I've seen folks spray stuff and wipe things down on tv but what do they mainly use to decontaminate. Do you use something special or stuff like Lysol spray?
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Disinfecting Using What? - 07/13/20 08:23 AM

We use a disinfectant that meets hospital requirements (when the concentrate is mixed at the right dilution). Some things don't do well with the chemicals in Lysol. Be careful about wood finishes and some plastics that can pit. The disinfectant we use is mixed with water, and can be left on a surface (wiping is not required) to dry naturally. It has no bleach, so safe for clothing and upholstery. We get it at Sam's Club in a gallon jug. Not expensive.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Disinfecting Using What? - 07/13/20 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
We use a disinfectant that meets hospital requirements (when the concentrate is mixed at the right dilution). Some things don't do well with the chemicals in Lysol. Be careful about wood finishes and some plastics that can pit. The disinfectant we use is mixed with water, and can be left on a surface (wiping is not required) to dry naturally. It has no bleach, so safe for clothing and upholstery. We get it at Sam's Club in a gallon jug. Not expensive.

What is this stuff called btw ?
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Disinfecting Using What? - 07/14/20 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by V-Bottom
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out

What is this stuff called btw ?

Member's Mark Commerical Sanatizer (govt. approved for COVID)

It's $6 a gallon, dilutes ONE ounce to a gallon! We do about 1.5 ounces just to make sure we don't skimp.
Posted By: Texas Grown

Re: Disinfecting Using What? - 07/15/20 10:57 PM

I would just leave it sit for a month. Then a wiping down with what ever. Here's an interesting article I found several months ago, with studies from some well known medical universities on how long the virus survives on different surfaces. These were observations.

https://www.tmc.edu/news/2020/03/coronavirus-can-live-on-surfaces-for-days/
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Disinfecting Using What? - 07/16/20 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Grown
I would just leave it sit for a month. Then a wiping down with what ever. Here's an interesting article I found several months ago, with studies from some well known medical universities on how long the virus survives on different surfaces. These were observations.

https://www.tmc.edu/news/2020/03/coronavirus-can-live-on-surfaces-for-days/

That is what many were telling everyone when this first started months ago.

It has been proven that is does not live days on any surface.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum