Texas Fishing Forum

Outfitting New Lowe CC w/Rod and Cup Holders, Electronics

Posted By: FishAdmirer

Outfitting New Lowe CC w/Rod and Cup Holders, Electronics - 06/24/20 03:01 AM

New forum member here. I recently bought a new Lowe 1860 center console and want to outfit it with rod and cup holders and my Humminbird Helix 5. The boat came pretty plain. I don't like drilling holes in boats so I want to buy right the first time. I'm using it to fish for bass, catfish and crappie on Eagle Mountain.

What products or brands have you found to work well? I'd like some rod holders for either side of my center console.

I'm not sure how I want to mount my Humminbird. I'd like to be able to see it from the front casting deck and center console but have never mounted one up front. Is one brand of display bracket and transducer mount considered the best?

I've looked on Amazon and Bass Pro and bought a Railblaza 45 degree gunnel mount and cup holder but am not impressed.

Any advice and recommendations would be appreciated.
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Outfitting New Lowe CC w/Rod and Cup Holders, Electronics - 07/01/20 12:33 AM

I wish I could help you with specifics, but there’s an awful lot of accessories out there, enough to confuse anyone. My advice would be to go to a marine dealer that outfits boats and see what’s available there. Those guys do it every day. Good luck !
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: Outfitting New Lowe CC w/Rod and Cup Holders, Electronics - 07/13/20 06:34 PM

Just be sure you decide which brand you want and stick with it. Otherwise, you will not be able to move stuff around from place to place sometimes because the bases are different.

I have several Scotty rod holder for my Kayak in different configurations and they will all swap around from place to place.

Wayne
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Outfitting New Lowe CC w/Rod and Cup Holders, Electronics - 07/16/20 01:07 PM

Post some detailed pictures of your boat.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum