Texas Fishing Forum

Ulterra owners - how many use foot pedal?

Posted By: Too Fat 2 Fish

Ulterra owners - how many use foot pedal? - 04/27/20 12:31 PM

Those who have used Ulterra foot pedal - what do you think?

Looking to replace my xi5 with Ulterra or Ultrex. Boat has small front deck. I like the idea of being able to stow the pedal and use remote. Or use it from the back deck.
Posted By: Dayne

Re: Ulterra owners - how many use foot pedal? - 04/27/20 02:08 PM

I only use mine for directional change if I don’t want to use the remote. Otherwise it just takes up space.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Ulterra owners - how many use foot pedal? - 04/27/20 05:09 PM

Rarely. I have a front compartment in my boat. It is kept there, just in case the remote is lost or battery dies.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Ulterra owners - how many use foot pedal? - 04/27/20 06:15 PM

I use mine but not really the foot pedal. I use it for directional changes, spot lock and on/off. I had a hand control TM before so I'm not a big foot pedal user either. I use my remote when I'm not on the front deck
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Ulterra owners - how many use foot pedal? - 04/30/20 06:04 PM

I only use the foot pedal if the batteries die in the remote. I do not like the pedal bouncing all over the deck.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Ulterra owners - how many use foot pedal? - 04/30/20 11:37 PM

On my Terrova I stowed the pedal away. On the Ulterra, it has so many features that I have left it on the deck. I don't use it much, just as a little course correction while my hands are busy or to hit spotlock fast. I definitely would not want to use it over the remote full time but it is nice for situational use.
Posted By: Too Fat 2 Fish

Re: Ulterra owners - how many use foot pedal? - 05/01/20 12:39 PM

Thanks for all the feedback. Trying to decide between ultrex / ulterra
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Ulterra owners - how many use foot pedal? - 05/02/20 01:24 AM

Two totally different TMs. Are you comfortable with traditional foot control trolling motors? If you are accurate in steering with your foot and are used to it then you are probably going to like the Ultrex the best. You get the feedback in the pedal and everything is natural. I never got used to a foot control so never felt comfortable using them and a remote was easy for me to learn. Either one will have the remote to use. The big seller for me on the Ulterra was the auto stow/deploy. It makes my days much nicer on my back not having to yank a tm up and down all day and I was already used to the remote from the Terrova. With the remote, I have never wanted to move the foot control to the back.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum