Texas Fishing Forum

Electric fillet knife

Posted By: Oats

Electric fillet knife - 04/26/20 04:31 PM

My cordless Rapala just shot craps so in the market for a new EFK. I need something that will get through the rib cages of reds and black drum, but also versatile enough for crappie.
Any recommendations will be appreciated.
Thanks
Posted By: Trebor Neil

Re: Electric fillet knife - 04/26/20 06:22 PM

Ask Jackie Kennedy (this forum)

He knows fishing knife's
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Electric fillet knife - 04/26/20 06:59 PM

I bet he even knows fishing knives!
Posted By: donothin

Re: Electric fillet knife - 04/27/20 01:27 PM

I wonder about the Bubba cordless?
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Electric fillet knife - 04/28/20 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Oats
My cordless Rapala just shot craps so in the market for a new EFK. I need something that will get through the rib cages of reds and black drum, but also versatile enough for crappie.
Any recommendations will be appreciated.
Thanks

Your Rapala goes thru the rib cages of drums and doesn’t dull? I’ve only used efk a few times, but didn’t like it. I cut around the ribs with a regular knife.
Posted By: Stan L

Re: Electric fillet knife - 04/29/20 02:16 PM

Hoss Electric fillet knife

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=N_DUrGea4jw
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Electric fillet knife - 04/29/20 03:30 PM

The Bubba cordless is bad to the bone on crappie, white bass, catfish, and LMB 17" or smaller.
Posted By: Meadowlark

Re: Electric fillet knife - 04/29/20 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by donothin
I wonder about the Bubba cordless?

Excellent!
Posted By: reelfast

Re: Electric fillet knife - 05/06/20 03:53 PM

Bubba is also high dollar. I know it’s cordless but other then that what makes it a so expensive ?
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: Electric fillet knife - 05/07/20 05:11 AM

Fellas just go get you a black and decker fillet knife at wally world in the home department. Under $15 and has a 2 year warranty. Mine has clean hundreds of reds, spec and cats, still going strong, still cuts fine. You're welcome.
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Electric fillet knife - 05/07/20 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by reelfast
Bubba is also high dollar. I know it’s cordless but other then that what makes it a so expensive ?

The one I have comes in nice storage case 2 batteries, battery charger and 6 different blades. I am sure that adds to the cost
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Electric fillet knife - 05/11/20 09:06 PM

Dang it, mine just died. Need to order something.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Electric fillet knife - 05/13/20 05:01 PM

I feel that my blades last 20x longer when I go over the ribs rather than to bust through them. So with that said i say get the one that 1) fits your hand the best and 2) is the best price. They all are going to burn up on you at some point.

I usually have at least 3 on hand. I've had to change them out because they get to hot to hold. Let one cool down while you use another.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Electric fillet knife - 05/16/20 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Alumacraft 14
Fellas just go get you a black and decker fillet knife at wally world in the home department. Under $15 and has a 2 year warranty. Mine has clean hundreds of reds, spec and cats, still going strong, still cuts fine. You're welcome.

x2. Been using them for years!
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Electric fillet knife - 05/26/20 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by DLALLDER

Are y’all talking about this one?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Electric fillet knife - 05/28/20 12:08 AM

Used my new filet knife this afternoon. Man, I forgot how good a sharp one would work. I got a cheap one...forget the name, but should have bought two of them.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Electric fillet knife - 05/28/20 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by TCK73

[Linked Image]

YES. About 12$ at Walmart.
Posted By: SAdoc

Re: Electric fillet knife - 05/28/20 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by BrandoA
The Bubba cordless is bad to the bone on crappie, white bass, catfish, and LMB 17" or smaller.

How does it work on LMB 23” or larger? I need to be prepared for when my order of waterdogs arrives. 😬
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Electric fillet knife - 05/28/20 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by SAdoc

How does it work on LMB 23” or larger? I needed to be prepared for when my order of waterdogs arrives. 😬

Pre-spawn or post-spawn 23" bass?
Posted By: SAdoc

Re: Electric fillet knife - 05/28/20 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Originally Posted by SAdoc

How does it work on LMB 23” or larger? I needed to be prepared for when my order of waterdogs arrives. 😬

Pre-spawn or post-spawn 23" bass?

What’s a spawn??
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Electric fillet knife - 05/30/20 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by TCK73

[Linked Image]

YES. About 12$ at Walmart.

I was wondering, my wife uses this one to cut turkey and stuff. After reading about them filleting fish, I tried it. It will keep its place in the kitchen, my American Angler will wear this thing smooth out.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Electric fillet knife - 05/31/20 01:36 AM

Pihranna with curved serrated blade
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum