Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin Force install on Triton TR-21

Posted By: cantcatch5

Garmin Force install on Triton TR-21 - 04/25/20 03:38 PM

Has anyone put a Force TM on a TR yet? This is the trolling motor I would like to get but i am not sure if it will fit. It looks to me like it is too long and I won’t be able to just move it back due to the lip the boat has for the bow cluster. I like what I have researched on the trolling motor but this thing is big!

Thanks Jason
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Garmin Force install on Triton TR-21 - 04/25/20 04:34 PM

I put a 57 on my champion 202, barely longer than my 52" fortrex was. the holes match the fortrex perfectly. sounds like the 50" would be better suited to your hull.

[Linked Image]

Re: Garmin Force install on Triton TR-21 - 04/25/20 05:30 PM

I am definitely going with the 50”. This pic will show what I am worried about. I am going from a MK maxum pro to this. It’s not the holes I am worried bout so much as the overall footprint of the base extending back to the point I have to do major modifications to the boat. She’s an old boat but still looks good and I hate to cut it up and have it look bad!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Garmin Force install on Triton TR-21 - 04/25/20 05:41 PM

what does your base measure, I am at the lake and can measure mine for ya, the 50" will be shorter of course.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Garmin Force install on Triton TR-21 - 04/26/20 12:01 PM

I've had mine on my TR186 with no problems. The bolt pattern lined up with the Fortrex I took off.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: Shaggin Bass

Re: Garmin Force install on Triton TR-21 - 04/29/20 02:52 PM

I have an 02 TR-20, installed a force on it. To clear the bow shroud I got a 2.5 degree levelling mount from Ashmore Marine Products. Raises and levels the motor as well as making it high enough to clear the shroud and mount further rearword. Works great.

Re: Garmin Force install on Triton TR-21 - 04/30/20 12:45 AM

Thanks! I have a 2.5 degree wedge on the way from AMP and a 50” Force on order as well!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum