Texas Fishing Forum

Ultrex hard to bring back up

Posted By: Tin Star Cajun

Ultrex hard to bring back up - 03/28/20 12:22 PM

I’ve done a lot of research and can’t find a related answer. I bought it new from one of the members here but they haven’t answered me yet. After deploying my Ultrex I have to really pop straight up on the cable, sometimes 5 or 6 times before I’m able to pull the TM back to rest. Anyone else have this issue and fix? I’ve tried lubricants game the moving parts. Thanks
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Ultrex hard to bring back up - 03/29/20 10:37 PM

Sounds like the mount is in a bind. Is the bow surface perfectly flat where it mounts?

If there seems like no fix, try putting a little weight with your foot while pulling the cable. It will allow the latch to release easier.
Posted By: TxPanhandle

Re: Ultrex hard to bring back up - 03/30/20 12:45 PM

Had same problem with a trolling motor few years back after had it taken off and repaired and remounted by the service people. Come to find out they had tightened it down to much. Loosen all bolts a little bit and worked fine from there on out
Posted By: bobrfishes

Re: Ultrex hard to bring back up - 04/04/20 01:19 AM

Look to see if the release cord maybe getting into one of the groves on the stress reliever of the power cable that goes to the motor head. I’ve had this happen quite frequently. Cure is to pull toward the motor head instead of pulling. vertically. This sounds stupid but it works.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum