Texas Fishing Forum

Pedestal Bushings

Posted By: daddyflea

Pedestal Bushings - 03/02/20 12:55 AM

My Pedestal measures 3/4 ID for the post 1 and 1/2 Outside Diameter and 1 and 1/4 inside the Pedestal. Anybody recommend good replacements. I have three broken and all the ones I find on the Internet do not list the actual Diameter. These do not last for sure.
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: Pedestal Bushings - 03/05/20 02:33 PM

Not sure from your post what you are exactly looking for...but Bass Cat sells two bushings.. you can check them out at this link... Bass Cat Seat Bushings

Re: Pedestal Bushings - 03/05/20 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by ToadThrower
Not sure from your post what you are exactly looking for...but Bass Cat sells two bushings.. you can check them out at this link... Bass Cat Seat Bushings

Thanks I believe it is the White one. I already ordered one off Amazon that is black hopefully it will fit. color does not matter. Amazing that no one else seems to have problems with this. I could understand if my 250 was sitting on it but the guy that it broke on just weighs about 150.
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: Pedestal Bushings - 03/06/20 10:44 PM

I have broken a few...doesn't seem the weight is the issue more of the side to side movement that breaks them...and possible water freezing if you leave the seat pedestal in the boat like I do...good luck and hope that one works out.

Re: Pedestal Bushings - 03/07/20 12:32 AM

I bought a black one off Amazon and it fit really tight but it fit. I thought 9 bucks was a little high for a piece of plastic but all of them were about the same price.
Posted By: machinist

Re: Pedestal Bushings - 03/07/20 01:00 AM

Find you a local Mom & Pop machine shop and get you one custom made for your boat out of bronze/brass and you will never have this problem again. Probably less than 10 bucks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum