Texas Fishing Forum

If you could only have ONE graph.....

Posted By: HaulinBass02

If you could only have ONE graph..... - 01/14/20 05:19 AM

Well, I’m in the process of selling my current ride to upgrade to a bigger more family friendly craft. REALLY have our eyes set on a large 24’ bay boat. A NauticStar 231 Hybrid to be exact. I don’t necessarily plan on putting a graph up front with the trolling motor but might. My main question is this, if you could only put ONE graph/GPS on the boat at the helm, which one would you go with?
I realize this is like the whole “which truck is better” debate but I want to see people’s thoughts and opinions. I am really digging the Garmin I have on my old boat. The fact it has the intracoastal waterways on it is awesome because I plan on coastal trips. I do think I would have to step up from the Echomap to the UHD or GPSmap series. And no smaller than 10” screen size.
What is your pick for a more rounded fishing vessel? Hybrid/striper one week and bull reds the next? Maybe a little bass fishing in between? (I realize serious bass fishing won’t be THAT simple in that big of a boat).....navigation on big water is very high in the requirement list. Even networking to additional units in the future with ease.
Thoughts?
Posted By: T Bird

Re: If you could only have ONE graph..... - 01/14/20 12:01 PM

Stay with what you know.
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: If you could only have ONE graph..... - 01/14/20 12:11 PM

newest biggest one you can afford.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: If you could only have ONE graph..... - 01/14/20 12:51 PM

I would do one of the newer Garmin's and buy an extra cradle. Put one at the helm and one on the front deck.

SE Kansas grass grower(retired)
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: If you could only have ONE graph..... - 01/14/20 08:57 PM

garmin ultra 12 inch, then add livescope

Re: If you could only have ONE graph..... - 01/16/20 02:14 PM

Stay with what I know actually is what I am going to do. I loved the Garmin and the features. Nothing really to consider with the other two brands, nothing wrong with them but I don’t think they have the same features and stuff the Garmin does.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: If you could only have ONE graph..... - 01/17/20 03:51 AM

Big Garmin. thumb

Re: If you could only have ONE graph..... - 01/17/20 11:21 PM

What is deal with Raymarine? The dealers I have seen have them installed on there already? When I say them, I’m not sure exactly WHAT Raymarine stuff is already installed but I know it is a Raymarine device.
I prefer the Garmin and could probably negotiate a swap but I THOUGHT Raymarine and Garmin were able to be networked with each other’s hardware etc?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum