Texas Fishing Forum

Xi5 remote , battery life

Posted By: Mo

Xi5 remote , battery life - 12/23/19 05:22 PM

It seemed like the first set of batteries lasted forever , but now they seem to fail in a few weeks.
Anyone else having a problem with this ?

MO
Posted By: pelican

Re: Xi5 remote , battery life - 12/24/19 12:40 PM

No, but the way the batteries go in is very flimsy. The first time I changed mine they were not very tight and
Stopped working within a week. I took the remote part and slightly bent the contacts to tighten them up a little and it’s worked fine since.
Are you checking voltage before you install your batts to verify they are are good and when you remove to verify they’re bad?

Re: Xi5 remote , battery life - 01/06/20 02:28 PM

Batteries are fresh and new ,,

I have moved the remote from the glove box , to a location where the keys can't be depressed,
hopefully that will eliminate the problem

Mo
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Xi5 remote , battery life - 01/13/20 07:37 PM

I suspect what Pelican said is correct. The battery compartment doesn't hold them well. When it stops working, get a voltmeter to ensure that the batteries have actually "died" by checking the battery voltage. That way, you'll know if it's the battery or the connection.

Mine have lasted over 1yr each time I've replaced the batteries.
Tim
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Xi5 remote , battery life - 01/18/20 02:01 AM

I am thinking about buying the XI5. I was curious about controlling it when fishing shallow. I don't do a lot but like to fish crappie spawn and sometimes shorelines In spring.

Re: Xi5 remote , battery life - 01/20/20 08:00 PM

My boat is a 22 ft bluewave , I don't do shallow water. smile

Mo
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum