Texas Fishing Forum

Ulterra repair question

Posted By: Bobby Milam

Ulterra repair question - 11/07/19 06:12 AM

A couple of weeks ago I hit a stump really hard and the shaft did what it was suppose to do. It flexed to the point I thought it would snap but then returned. Afterwards I began having problems with the auto stow/deploy not working properly and hanging up. When you try to stow it struggles the last 1/2" or so and doesn't quite stow completely. I took it out last weekend and had issues with it still. I tried the stow reset but that didn't help. It isn't broken, it's more like it is knocked out of sync. Not sure if it pulled the belt out a notch or if it is in the threaded rod. I really don't want to pull it off the boat because it is such a pain and all the repair shops require it to be removed. If it was broken completely I'd just do it but since nothing "broke" I thought I'd see if anyone has found somewhere that describes how to align it. I ended up getting it to deploy and rather than fight with it all day, I left it in the deploy position and just had it trimmed to the top to drive the boat and trim it back down when I needed it. Stowed it at the end of the day. You just never know when it is going to start beeping with an error if you try to stow and deploy all day.

If anyone has come across someplace that shows how to adjust it, I'd appreciate it.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Ulterra repair question - 11/07/19 01:24 PM

The motor will need to go into the shop for recalibration. When putting the motor back on I recommend going with a quick release mounting bracket to make it easier the next time.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Ulterra repair question - 11/08/19 02:42 AM

ok thx
Posted By: snowyriver6

Re: Ulterra repair question - 11/21/19 05:42 AM

is that the quick release from minn kota or the one the guy in red oak makes?
Posted By: snowyriver6

Re: Ulterra repair question - 11/21/19 05:43 AM

is that the quick release from minn kota or the one the guy in red oak makes?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum