Texas Fishing Forum

Purchasing Electronics

Posted By: megabucks461

Purchasing Electronics - 10/29/19 04:33 PM

Your thoughts about buying electronics from online sellers on TFF vs buying from local vendors. Want to get the Garmin Livescope setup but can save about 700 dollars with the lower prices and no sales tax. Can save enough to have units installed.
Posted By: fordnut

Re: Purchasing Electronics - 10/29/19 04:40 PM

I trust David at Shut Up and Fish all day long. I found a trolling motor at another online sight and David match the price no problem. Plus he does good installations and demo's too.
Posted By: Boomerbrewer

Re: Purchasing Electronics - 10/30/19 03:31 PM

Got most of my electronics including a livescope at mygreenoutdoors, no problems and great prices. But I do my own installs and am fine with working with the manufacturer on any warranty issues.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Purchasing Electronics - 10/30/19 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by fordnut
I trust David at Shut Up and Fish all day long. I found a trolling motor at another online sight and David match the price no problem. Plus he does good installations and demo's too.

and if David installs it, you pick up an additional years warranty on Garmin products.
Posted By: JSouther

Re: Purchasing Electronics - 10/31/19 12:48 AM

Just got back from having livescope installed by David at shut up and fish. I just bought a new g3 sportsman several weeks ago and had the terrova i pilot link and helix 10 at console financed into the purchase and installed at the dealership. The dealership did a sloppy install with wires left hanging all over the place. They had no knowledge about i pilot and told me it was ready to go just had to link it to controller and phone. I had to call hummingbird and buy an ethernet cable and figure it out myself because the dealership installer had no idea what he was talking about. I should have purchased everything from shut up and fish. His prices were amazing and he did a flawless install same day. Dropped off boat at 10am and he was done at about 2pm. He gave me a demo on both units which the dealership failed to do. I can’t say enough about what a awesome job he did. I would go to him just for the extra year of warranty coverage not to mention he has been using livescope for a while and will answer your call if you need assistance while on the water. Hands down I would save up for the new unit.
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Purchasing Electronics - 11/01/19 04:44 PM

Hmmm. Sounds like David is making America great. And someone is not.

Re: Purchasing Electronics - 11/03/19 02:17 AM

How do you know which head unit to use? Don't understand Garmins model numbers. I would like to have mapping and GPS but don't need to network but for the most part want to get largest screen I can get but don't need all the bells and whistles. Mainly just the Livescope.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Purchasing Electronics - 11/05/19 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by megabucks461
How do you know which head unit to use? Don't understand Garmins model numbers. I would like to have mapping and GPS but don't need to network but for the most part want to get largest screen I can get but don't need all the bells and whistles. Mainly just the Livescope.

To have a unit with Maps you will get all of the other bells and whistles such as network capabilities and sonar. To get no maps, no sonar, and only Livescope you will want the GPSMAP 1222. The unit will still be networkable.

Garmin GPSMAP® 1222 Keyed Networking Chartplotter - No Sonar
010-01741-00
In Stock
$1899.99

Garmin Panoptix LiveScope™ System
010-01864-00
In Stock
$1499.99

Installation Services...$299.00

We will still install your electronics purchased through another source. Keep in mind, however, If you purchase with shut-up-and-fish and we do the installation you will achieve an additional year's warranty on top of the manufacturer warranty.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Purchasing Electronics - 11/05/19 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

Originally Posted by megabucks461

To have a unit with Maps you will get all of the other bells and whistles such as network capabilities and sonar. To get no maps, no sonar, and only Livescope you will want the GPSMAP 1222. The unit will still be networkable.

010-01741-00
In Stock
$1899.99

Garmin Panoptix LiveScope™ System
010-01864-00
In Stock
$1499.99

Installation Services...$299.00

We will still install your electronics purchased through another source. Keep in mind, however, If you purchase with shut-up-and-fish and we do the installation you will achieve an additional year's warranty on top of the manufacturer warranty.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

David can you tell me about the difference in resolution between the 1222 and the 8610, is there enough difference to warrant the price. I only want to buy once, I would rather have a 8610 with great resolution than 1222 with good resolution.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Purchasing Electronics - 11/07/19 03:14 AM

megabuck...In short, the 8610 is a multifunction touch display. Meaning you add to it (i.e) radar, different transducers. It has many more custom features such as the split-screen option. It is preloaded with both BlueChart® g3 U.S. coastal and LakeVü HD maps featuring Navionics® data. It will also have a zoom feature. To me, the image is the same from one unit to the other when it comes to Livescope.
1222 unit is considered to be the "European" model. Basic bare bones if you will non touch. It has great imaging when teamed up with the Livescope. No Maps and No Sonar. To add sidevu and clearvu it will require the GCV20 black box and the GT54UHD transducer.
If all you are wanting to achieve is Livescope then 1222 unit will be your best bang for the buck over the 8610.

GARMIN GPSMAP® 8610 10" CHARTPLOTTER W/MAPPING
010-02091-01
$2499.99

010-01741-00
$1899.99

GARMIN PANOPTIX LIVESCOPE™ SYSTEM
010-01864-00
$1499.99

The PoleDucer w/RamMount
$269.00

Totals are out the door...
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Purchasing Electronics - 11/07/19 10:33 PM

I chose the 1222. It's all you will need for Livescope.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum