Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird Helix help

Posted By: TexanMikey

Humminbird Helix help - 09/23/19 12:50 PM

I need help! I have a new installed Helix 10 DI/SI. I cannot get the DI and SI to work. Sonar works well. I can get the screens to pop up but it doesn't show the SI or DI. I have the newest update and my unit is set to the correct transducer. Any ideas why I can't get the DI or SI to read.

Thanks!!
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Humminbird Helix help - 09/23/19 01:01 PM

Do a Restore Defaults. If you installed the transducer that came with the unit, there is no need to select it or look for it in the Connected Transducer setting.
It seems some think they know what transducer it is and change it to something it is not.

"my unit is set to the correct transducer". That statement usually indicates the above has occurred.

Re: Humminbird Helix help - 09/23/19 01:43 PM

Hi Wayne, I have restored defaults multiple times...still no luck. Lol about the "my unit is set to the correct transducer." I was just saying that because that is the solution everyone thinks of.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Humminbird Helix help - 09/23/19 02:00 PM

Try connecting the cables to the unit without using the cable collector to see if you have a misalignment issue.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Humminbird Helix help - 09/25/19 02:23 PM

Could be a bad unit

Re: Humminbird Helix help - 09/26/19 01:01 PM

I had 3 bad units....the 4th unit finally worked. I was about to go crazy. Tried 3 transducers, 3 y cables....my two original units and the bass pro shop demo unit didn't work. Finally tried a 4th and it worked. I don't understand why they are having so many issues with the units.
© 2020 Texas Fishing Forum