Texas Fishing Forum

Can I transfer from hand held to unit on boat

Posted By: workRfish

Can I transfer from hand held to unit on boat - 09/17/19 08:50 PM

I am looking to get a used hand held gps so I can record a trail and mark some structure. Can this be transfered to my elite 5 hdi if so what do I need , any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Re: Can I transfer from hand held to unit on boat - 09/18/19 08:55 PM

Did I ask the wrong question ?
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Can I transfer from hand held to unit on boat - 09/18/19 09:37 PM

Why cant you just mark your trails with your graph. Or are you going with someone and marking there trails.

Re: Can I transfer from hand held to unit on boat - 09/19/19 01:14 AM

I'll be with someone else in there boat
Posted By: Dayne

Re: Can I transfer from hand held to unit on boat - 09/19/19 10:52 AM

One way you could do it is to record the lat/lon info from your hand held into the other unit.

I wanted to record a 10 mile trail as a guest so I took my hand held and recorded a trail. I took my boat later, followed the trail and recordrd it on my boat unit.
Posted By: don the angler

Re: Can I transfer from hand held to unit on boat - 09/19/19 12:46 PM

Copy the data on the handheld to the unit's memory card.

Transfer that memory card to the graph and load the data.

Job complete.
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Can I transfer from hand held to unit on boat - 09/19/19 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by don the angler

Job complete.

I'm in a similar situation but I have waypoints on my Navionics app that I want to get to my Hook2 5 (which does not have WIFI). I called Lowrance and the "tech support" guy I talked to said this is not possible unless the files on the card are converted somehow. He couldn't tell me how to do it. He said the unit won't read the waypoints from the card. Given my experience with Lowrance I take this with a grain of salt.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Can I transfer from hand held to unit on boat - 09/19/19 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry713
Originally Posted by don the angler

Job complete.

I'm in a similar situation but I have waypoints on my Navionics app that I want to get to my Hook2 5 (which does not have WIFI). I called Lowrance and the "tech support" guy I talked to said this is not possible unless the files on the card are converted somehow. He couldn't tell me how to do it. He said the unit won't read the waypoints from the card. Given my experience with Lowrance I take this with a grain of salt.

With the mobile app, just select the Menu button, go to Markers, touch the three dots beside the waypoint name and choose Export GPX file.

You can do the same with Tracks.

Re: Can I transfer from hand held to unit on boat - 09/19/19 02:29 PM

Thanks Wayne. I did get that far but ran into a couple of issues. On the Navionics app you have to export the waypoints one at a time.When I select all waypoints and export them via email I can't read the file when I try to open it from the email. I was told by Navionics I need to export them one at a time. I literally have hundreds of waypoints so this would take forever. Also once I do get the waypoints exported in GPX file then I'm guessing I would save it to a SD card. But I'm told by Lowrance my unit won't read the SD card.

Re: Can I transfer from hand held to unit on boat - 09/19/19 02:32 PM

workfish sorry to take over your thread but I'm thinking your issues can be solved using the same method but should be easier since you have a unit with bluetooth capability.

Re: Can I transfer from hand held to unit on boat - 09/19/19 08:45 PM

Thank you to everyone for the information on this .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum