Texas Fishing Forum

Trailer cross member

Posted By: MikeW62

Trailer cross member - 08/11/19 07:36 PM

I just noticed a broken crossmember on my trailer. Who is good and affordable for fixing it. Help a brother out! Thanks in advance
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Trailer cross member - 08/11/19 08:22 PM

Mcgills in Lewisville
Posted By: dobbin

Re: Trailer cross member - 08/11/19 10:06 PM

If it is a tube trailer look a little closer. When I noticed mine I am lucky not to have left the boat on the road. The tube will rust from the inside out and will be worse than you thought
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Trailer cross member - 08/11/19 10:36 PM

I have a NEW galvanized front cross member I do not need. It's the tube type, V-shaped, that was for my EZ Loader. It bolts Thru-Frame. I can get the measurement (frame to frame) later today and post. REG, $200....sell for half that. (near Galveston)
BTW: On my old trl., the front and rear cross members are the same. My 3500# torsion bar axle is relatively new. Rear cross member and axle are still on the trl. Will sell too.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Trailer cross member - 08/17/19 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by dobbin
If it is a tube trailer look a little closer. When I noticed mine I am lucky not to have left the boat on the road. The tube will rust from the inside out and will be worse than you thought

Yep. I'm betting there's more problems. Ditch that tube trailer and get a C channel.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum