Texas Fishing Forum

Good pair of line snippers

Posted By: Ocelot

Good pair of line snippers - 07/30/19 03:13 PM

I am continuously frustrated with my nippers having a hard time cutting my braided line or not opening far enough to cut mono/floro knots.
Seen a lot about high end nippers but just could not see forking that kind of money out for them and being afraid I might loose them.
I recently found the boomerang snip fishing line cutters. Actually a small pair of serated scissors you squeeze instead of put your fingers into which have a retractable tether.
I tried them on 20#braid, 60#braid, 6x fly line, 30#mono, 20#floro, 6#mono all cut effortlessly and easily.
Braid cut very cleanly with no fraying.
A little bigger than normal clippers and retractor but works easily and actually cuts what you want.
Great price at under $15.
Time will tell how they hold up in fresh water being wet from frequent kayak fishing.
Also have some made for saltwater under $25.
You can find information about them here:
https://www.boomerangtool.com/collections/snips-fishing-line-cutters
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Good pair of line snippers - 07/30/19 10:39 PM

I have used them for a few years, they are great. A word to the wise, get two pair, and use one on braid and one on mono. After a while, the mono will get it to where it will start fraying braid. I tied a piece of braid on one pair to identify which line to cut.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Good pair of line snippers - 07/31/19 08:07 PM

Pitbull Tackle braid scissors. Best I've found.

https://www.outdoorproshop.com/Pitbull-Tackle-Cutter-p/pbt-cutter.htm
Posted By: adchunts

Re: Good pair of line snippers - 07/31/19 08:22 PM

Have been using these for a couple of years now with zero complaints:

Cuda Micro Scissors

Use them to cut braid, mono, and fluoro. They are cheap enough to have several pairs stashed strategically. Wal-Mart has them occasionally.
Posted By: JoshT254

Re: Good pair of line snippers - 08/01/19 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by adchunts
Have been using these for a couple of years now with zero complaints:

Cuda Micro Scissors

Use them to cut braid, mono, and fluoro. They are cheap enough to have several pairs stashed strategically. Wal-Mart has them occasionally.

100% agree these are awesome. Got mine at Walmart for less than $5 i believe.
Posted By: dobbin

Re: Good pair of line snippers - 08/01/19 08:58 PM

a pair of the scissors like the medics carry work great. They are designed to cut anything...seat belts leather clothes braid is no challenge for them
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Good pair of line snippers - 08/05/19 08:49 PM

I love these and the fact that they have a sharp point and you can just use the tip to cut, wants you try them you will find how much more you can use these

[Linked Image]
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Good pair of line snippers - 08/06/19 12:56 AM

These work great

https://www.kastking.com/kastking-new-braid-scissors_p0237.html
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum