Texas Fishing Forum

HDS Carbon - Stick on Validating Upadte

Posted By: HappyNest

HDS Carbon - Stick on Validating Upadte - 05/27/19 08:13 PM

I updated the HDS Carbon last night. Today it was running slow at times so I did a hard reboot. After the reboot the unit tans several minutes and then it turned itself off. I tried several times to rurn it on and nothing. When it did restart is locked on the boot up screen that says Validating Update. This has a warning not to shut if off or risk damage. It has been stuck there the last 5 hours. I brought the boat home and plugged the chargers up to ensure power. How do I make it move forward with star-up?
Posted By: wallyandre

Re: HDS Carbon - Stick on Validating Upadte - 05/27/19 08:58 PM

Download the latest update on a card, unplug the Live for 30 seconds, plug it, insert the card in and power it on
Posted By: HappyNest

Re: HDS Carbon - Stick on Validating Upadte - 05/27/19 11:52 PM

I’ll give it a try next weekend. Thank you for the input. I powered it down and tried to restart but it never beeped for start initiating. I tightened the battery terminals and will let it charge just in case that has something to do with it but I didn’t have my meter to check voltage today. Sure put a damper on my practice session today for structure fishing.
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: HDS Carbon - Stick on Validating Upadte - 05/29/19 02:50 PM

HappyNest, I sent you a private message. You may need to make a modification to get the software download to re-install. Feel free to call me (ph# in PM).
Posted By: MAK747

Re: HDS Carbon - Stick on Validating Upadte - 06/03/19 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff
HappyNest, I sent you a private message. You may need to make a modification to get the software download to re-install. Feel free to call me (ph# in PM).

Rob's right, in order to force the graph to reload an update that it has already loaded you should rename the file to include the word auto in the file name. After it loads the update the unit should rename the file and will remove the auto from the filename so that it want attempt to run it again on the next power up.

EXAMPLE:
(original) HDS_Carbon-19.1-62.1.114-Standard-1.upd
(updated) HDS_Carbon-19.1-62.1.114-Standard-1.auto.upd
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum